Oh, that Aussie sense of humor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across this this morning. It gave me a chuckle:
SYB350-large.jpg

Here's the product web page:
http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Aerosols/Start_Ya_Bastard_Instant_Engine_Starter

(I hope the wording doesn't get me in trouble, after all it is a legitimate brand name.)

It's a great product.

Aerostart has never made a car fly...SYB has lasted a winter of no glow plugs.

We could not have that product in the US because it might offend someone especially a [censored] that was asked to start to do something even though they'd already received their welfare check.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
That's why everybody loves Aussies. They are the Swedes of the Southern Hemisphere.
Who would win a beauty contest between Swedish and Aussie women?

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: bigt61
That's why everybody loves Aussies. They are the Swedes of the Southern Hemisphere.
Who would win a beauty contest between Swedish and Aussie women?

Have you met Ellyse Perry ?
Hc1hRl.jpg

Played for Australia at international level in both soccer and cricket.
In the 2015 Women's Ashes tour of England, she was named Player of the Series, making the most runs and taking the most wickets.

Ellyse+Perry+F6IQEkOWePum.jpg

Perry.jpg

In the 2014 One Day International against England, she batted Australia to victory by scoring 90 not out from 95 balls.

ellyse-perry-cricket.jpg

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
We could not have that product in the US because it might offend someone especially a [censored] that was asked to start to do something even though they'd already received their welfare check.

Yeah. Unfortunately we too are becoming a bit obsessed with political correctness.
Should someone take offence, smile and ask:
"Cement my good man?
HTFU".

This is great thing for people who collect old oil cans.

Also, if the guy who invented the name also wrote the directions for use and the safety warnings, it would be even better.

We lived in NZ for a year (03/04). Saw this product, IIRC, at The Warehouse (NZ Walmart sort of) and had to take a photo. Sent it my co-workers here. When I got back, someone had printed the photo, trimmed it, and wrapped it around an aerosol container in the shop.

I also took photos of canned foods that amused me. My Kiwi mates didn't get why I found 'Lambs' Tongue - Peeled' (or 'Unpeeled') gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back