'13 KTM DUKE 690 AMSOIL MOTO SAE 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
...the saga continues. Here's the most recent UOA for my bike. Any feedback or thoughts are greatly appreciated!

I'm now running the Amsoil 10/60 as the temp in LA no longer exceeds 75F. I'll post these results when I get them.

It's better than your longer runs of 2,000+ miles. The shearing is MUCH better. I think this a step in the right direction.

Again, it never gets so cold in LA that you can't use this all year. I'll be looking forward to the 10w-60 UOA though.

nrZOZk1.jpg

I'm looking forward to the 10w-60 as well. It feels pretty good in the bike and I'm already about 500 miles deep.

Nice bike! Not sure what the "saga" is but I wouldn't get too worked up about these lab results on a high-perf motorcycle. No doubt you're wringing its neck on those great SoCal roads. The TBN tells you the oil is still there working when you dump it.

I started a new thread now that I switched to amsoil. The previous numbers for my duke are motorex 10w-60. the duke saga, I suppose...

You went to the extreme of running a straight 60 weight, I don't see the trade off , numbers are still high imo.

That motor doesn't seem to be well suited for more than 2000 mile oci's.

Just like my Ktm runs sub 1000 mile oci's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back