My (sad) idea of a GOOD DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was a good day for this working stiff.

1. Off of work
2. Found a pair of shoes at Wal-Mart in a clearance section, unmarked. Rung up as $3
3. Found a pair of like new jeans at a thrift store $2
4. Enjoyed a sip of Early Times
5. Watched "Newhart" ca.1986 laughed heartily at Larrry, Daryl & Darrell

That's a good day.

Sounds like a good day to me. I'd settle for that. Can't live like I was in college all the time.

Personally, I'd think this sort of day would be a great way to cap off a weekend, after a busy Saturday of doing work around the house. Can't always be on the go.

Substitute The Rifleman, Foyle's War or Are You Being Served and we're in business.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SumpChump

1. Off of work
2. Found a pair of shoes at Wal-Mart in a clearance section, unmarked. Rung up as $3

That's a good day.

Do you bargain shop to that degree out of necessity....or just because you like to save as much as possible on clothes?

Originally Posted By: wemay
Substitute The Rifleman, Foyle's War or Are You Being Served and we're in business.
smile.gif

I love ME Tv, not sure if it is national or not.

Lol... do I.

smile.gif

If my tv is on its either on me tv, cozi tv, or antenna tv. Cozi tv just started playing the munsters again on October and I like chips and emergency on me tv.

Originally Posted By: joegreen
smile.gif

If my tv is on its either on me tv, cozi tv, or antenna tv. Cozi tv just started playing the munsters again on October and I like chips and emergency on me tv.

Hmmm. Tell me more about this "Cozi" TV don't have it here in Wisconsin Charter Cable.

Has it got CHiP's, MASH, Cheers, Hogan's Heroes, All in the Family, etc. or just older twilight zone, and black and white rifleman. I'm more of a color 1965-1985 person.

Originally Posted By: andrewg

1. Off of work

That's a good day.

Do you bargain shop to that degree out of necessity....or just because you like to save as much as possible on clothes?

Don't know about the OP, but I don't shop that for either reason. I'll shop like that because it's cost effective. Few months ago I loaded up on lightly used dress shirts for work, for like $3 a pop. I'll wear 'em for years to come. Could I spend more? Sure. Will new shirts last longer? Probably not. Lets me spend my money elsewhere.

I *did* buy a pair of sneakers from Walmart a year ago. Joined a gym and they wanted a clean pair of shoes. Since I was going to use the elliptical and then lift weights, I hardly needed a "good" pair of sneakers. $10 clunkers were fine for the year I used them for. Otherwise I'll spend more for shoes that I like wearing.

Originally Posted By: supton
I'd think this sort of day would be a great way to cap off a weekend,

It was. I was making light of how my age has changed my idea of a "good day".
smile.gif

Gotcha. Yep, I can relate. Am starting to enjoy sitting in a quiet house with a book. Although yesterday I went out and looked at some beater cars--that was kinda fun too.

smile.gif

Are You Being Served,Faulty Towers,One Foot in the Grave. Man I love those shows!!

Joined a gym and they wanted a clean pair of shoes. Since I was going to use the elliptical and then lift weights, I hardly needed a "good" pair of sneakers. $10 clunkers were fine for the year I used them for. Otherwise I'll spend more for shoes that I like wearing.

They threw you out of the gym because you were wearing dirty shoes? Never seen that before.

I shop like that because I don't like spending money. The local Planet Fitness will get pretty upset if you go on the equipment in the winter with slushy shoes.

Originally Posted By: Old Mustang Guy
I miss the old sitcoms. TV now is trash"
There are 2 local stations that have the old sit coms ,they are terrible. TV pretty much has always sucked but the older I get the more disgusting the programming becomes.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
smile.gif

Are You Being Served,Faulty Towers,One Foot in the Grave. Man I love those shows!!

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Joined a gym and they wanted a clean pair of shoes. Since I was going to use the elliptical and then lift weights, I hardly needed a "good" pair of sneakers. $10 clunkers were fine for the year I used them for. Otherwise I'll spend more for shoes that I like wearing.

They threw you out of the gym because you were wearing dirty shoes? Never seen that before.

No, it was part of the use requirement/agreement/whatever I signed when I joined. So I bought the shoes before ever going in.

It was a pretty new building, with of course new floors. New England can have some nasty weather--and the parking lot was not paved. Made perfect sense to me, a decent measure to cut down on getting salt and sand all over the place.

smile.gif

I work at a MeTV affiliate. I've been known to ignore MeTV for BITOG. My day ends with an episode of "Rockford Files".

MeTV is in most of the US, and if you're cunnin' you can get it from the wild blue yonder with a trailer park sized satellite dish.

My market also has Heroes & Icons (Hunter!) and Antenna TV (Archie)

There's some duds out there. Gilligan is an idiot, the writing is terrible, and the next week rolls around and everyone loves the moron in the tight red shirt all over again. Lucy gets gum in her hair and it takes 22 minutes to get it out. At least Fred Murtz keeps it real.
wink.gif

When I was in college and had a 3 hour final exam scheduled, if I got out in 30 minutes that extra 2.5 hours was the most free time in the world. Nothing scheduled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back