What Brand Of Oil For Consumption..

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Brand Of Oil For Consumption..what's the consensus...Pennzoil or Castrol. No synthetic or high mileage.

Why not discuss what the vehicle in question is, drill-down towards causation, and address the issue logically?

Originally Posted By: Warstud
What Brand Of Oil For Consumption..what's the consensus...Pennzoil or Castrol. No synthetic or high mileage.

On November 7, 2015 you posted this:

Originally Posted By: Josh48065
2007 Scion Tc - 158000 Miles. I drive this thing like a rental car. WOT almost every acceleration; so I am sure that doesn't help the consumption issue

Question: Would you even change the oil? Like clockwork, I can set the trip odometer and every 300-350 miles I need to add a WHOLE quart.
Would you ever change the oil?? Just change the filter every 5k?

Its been about 8000 miles on the "same" oil and i'm wondering if I should change it?

Thoughts!?

I'd start using a 10w40 or 10w30 HM CONVENTIONAL oil. You'll be broke in no time adding a quart of Mobil every 300 miles. GL.

So just follow your own advice.

That's some pretty good detective work.
grin2.gif

Valvoline High Mileage Full Synthetic is what I use
49.gif
cool.gif

What kind of oil to buy for consumption?
Simple answer.
If you have a Rural King near by, go there on Thanksgiving.
You will find that they have their house brand dino on sale for $1.29/qt.
Purchase two cases, place in the trunk of the vehicle in question.
Remove from the trunk only on an as-needed basis.
You are good to go for awhile.

Let's try this again. Brand People Brand.

Delo400LE HDEO 15W-40 wherever you can find it cheapest... The add pak is excellent w/o being so high in zinc that it will toast your cats.

Or, PYB 10W-40 - same idea. If that does not get it, switch up to Castrol GTX 20W-50 and that will slow it down some
laugh.gif

What year/make/model vehicle? Does the vehicle have leaks? How much oil is consumed per 1000 miles?

Why not synthetic or high mileage? I assume you want the oil consumption to be slowed or stopped? What if a high mileage did that?

You have the infamous 2AZ-FE. No brand of oil is going to make a difference in consumption. My dad has this engine in an '07 Camry. He has to add oil every week.

A rebuild is the only thing that will fix the consumption issue.

Agreed... Only thing you can do is go thicker which may give 10-25% improvement at best...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back