Not open for further replies.
Rental - 221 miles driven mixed
15k on odo, new car.
Drove to redline at every opportunity,

MPG= 34 mpg (wow)

Power = good all the way to redline,
VERY quiet ride and engine
handling rocked, shifted great.

very impressed, can't vouch for long term reliability.

New accent is pretty impressive for an "Econobox"

unfortunately the price is no longer 10500$ like it was in 2010 for a basic auto model.

I drove a 2012 Accent for four years. The MPG computer typically overestimated the mileage by about 10% when compared to doing the actual math of miles/gallons- which I did at every fill-up.

I have a 2013 Accent SE 6 spd manual that's been a great vehicle so far. I hand calculate my mileage and I find the MPG computer is usually right about 5% optimistic versus actual. I can easily get a hand calculated 40 MPG on a long trip if I don't spend too much time over 70 mph and there aren't many grades. It's a great highway cruiser in that it's got a nice ride and it's lower revving at 65-70 mph than a lot of economodules. Big selling point for me.

FYI, on most cars the MPG that the on-board computer reports can be adjusted to be less optimistic and closer to reality. It might require getting the car hooked up to a specialized computer though. On my car I can actually correct it without hooking up to anything.

Originally Posted By: Rand

unfortunately the price is no longer 10500$ like it was in 2010 for a basic auto model.

agree, the price and quality is comparable to japanese cars now.
in the recent CR KIA scored better than Hyundai, that surprised me.

Sounds like a pretty decent little machine.
These things can be bought quite cheaply as well.
Long term reliability/durability?
Who knows, but I know that we'll find out.

Originally Posted By: shiny
I drove a 2012 Accent for four years. The MPG computer typically overestimated the mileage by about 10% when compared to doing the actual math of miles/gallons- which I did at every fill-up.

Fun.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pontual
Originally Posted By: shiny

Fun.

2012 was the year Hyundai lied about MPG. I was just checking to see how badly they lied. Still waiting on my settlement...

EDIT: FWIW, the car did great on the highway. Got 48mpg once driving from Tucson to Phx going between 50-55.

Last edited:
"Drove to redline at every opportunity"

I recall renting a 2009 model and you pretty much had to rev it to redline to get it to move (not that my rolla is much faster). What engine they using these days?

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

Meh..they been saying that for years and i still dont think they are on the same page as japanese automakers.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

Meh..they been saying that for years and i still dont think they are on the same page as japanese automakers.

I dunno. My co-worker bought a Corolla around the same time I bought the Hyundai. He paid more but I think I got the better deal. I got 4-wheel disc brakes, he got front disc/rear drum. I got more seat and shoulder room than he did- my subcompact actually felt bigger inside than his compact. The Accent had more leg room in the back seat than my neighbor's larger Ford Focus, more HP and torque than the Honda Fit. Plus double the warranty...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back