02 Silverado blinker

Status
Not open for further replies.
My front left turn signal blinker does not work consistently.

When I activate the left turn signal handle I can see that the flashing light is 2x faster than normal.

I can see that the rear exterior left blinker flashing fast but the front left does not flash at all.

From time to time the left blinker dash light will flash normal and the exterior front left blinker light will also flash at a normal speed.

The front left blinker socket was previously corroded with a white powdery substance.

I cleaned it up the other day and the blinker was working right.

Should I replace the socket or is there something else that might be causing the inconsistent flash?

Tried a new bulb and that didn't work

I would bet at the very least you need to better clean the socket, and check the ground. May need to replace the socket if cleaning and ground repair doesn't clear up the problem

It was a bad connection. My other Camry did this, bulbs worked but I took the front bulb out and put it back in and was good to go.

If all else fails, inspect trailer wiring. Though on you 02 Chevy, its probably separately wired and fused.

I would try another bulb and if the socket looked bad replace it. NAPA and probably other parts stores sell the cut and splice sockets. Use bulb grease.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kuato
How about just a good old fashioned bulb is out? Simple things first.

He said in his original post he tried a new bulb and that didn't work.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: Kuato
How about just a good old fashioned bulb is out? Simple things first.

He said in his original post he tried a new bulb and that didn't work.

Whups thanks, I should take a little more time. +1 socket
27.gif

Originally Posted By: Gito
My front left turn signal blinker does not work consistently.

When I activate the left turn signal handle I can see that the flashing light is 2x faster than normal.

I can see that the rear exterior left blinker flashing fast but the front left does not flash at all.

From time to time the left blinker dash light will flash normal and the exterior front left blinker light will also flash at a normal speed.

The front left blinker socket was previously corroded with a white powdery substance.

I cleaned it up the other day and the blinker was working right.

Should I replace the socket or is there something else that might be causing the inconsistent flash?

Tried a new bulb and that didn't work
replace e the socket. We keep these in stock for the chevies at work along with a new bulb. We stock the acDelco brand comes with everything but the bulb.

[/quote] replace e the socket. We keep these in stock for the chevies at work along with a new bulb. We stock the acDelco brand comes with everything but the bulb. [/quote]

Do you have a part number for the AC delco socket?
How can I get a hold of one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back