Air tool oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm going to do everything in my power to make my air tools last longer on my list is tool oil.
Are they all the same? Is there a certain oil that is better than others? Opinions and knowledge on this would be great!!

More importantly is to have clean dry air first. Oil few drops of Marvel air tool oil.

Yeah i only use marvel air tool oil. All my air tools run great. Get hammer grease also and yes it is a certain grease.

My manual for my new impact doesn't say anything about greasing it like many impacts just oiling it daily. Marvel tool oil though.
I have mac tool oil and cambel hausfield oil to I'll have to get some marvel though.

I have used Lucas air tool oil, Marvel air tool oil, and PB air tool oil.

I couldn't tell any difference. I think this is a situation where just oiling something is all that is necessary, no need to search for the ultimate oil.

I have the Ingersoll Rand air tool oil, and grease which came in a small kit. A few drops before using the tool and a few after for storage seems to be working out well.

I use an inline oiler filled with air compressor oil and MMO 50/50. It works great, never any issue with the tools.
With seldom used tools like needle scalers and panel crimper's I fill the tool by pulling the trigger and filling it with no air connected, leave it a short time then connect the air and give it a blast through before putting them away.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Many people rarely ever oil their stuff and it works fine.

I would have to disagree with that. I never knew anyone in any shop I ever worked at who didn't take care of his tools.

Originally Posted By: Trav
I use an inline oiler filled with air compressor oil and MMO 50/50. It works great, never any issue with the tools.
With seldom used tools like needle scalers and panel crimper's I fill the tool by pulling the trigger and filling it with no air connected, leave it a short time then connect the air and give it a blast through before putting them away.

Fill it?!??!?

I put a drop or two when I use it, and then another drop before putting it away if I really used something a lot.

Granted my experience also is with framing and palm nailers...

I use redline FWIW.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Trav

Fill it?!??!?

I put a drop or two when I use it, and then another drop before putting it away if I really used something a lot.

Granted my experience also is with framing and palm nailers...

I use redline FWIW.
he means an in line automatic oiler. It goes between the compressor and the tool and automatically adds a specific dose of oil as the air flows through it to the tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back