New Purolator Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the "new" filters at AAP yesterday. New boxes and the filter is red. I wonder if they took care of the tearing problem. Has anyone here tried one yet?

Any of the blue ones? or Grey?

I was in yesterday and they did not have any... guess I will have to check in today...

Originally Posted By: OptimusPrime
Just saw the "new" filters at AAP yesterday. New boxes and the filter is red. I wonder if they took care of the tearing problem. Has anyone here tried one yet?

It will be a year or more before we even have a clue.

Just saw the "new" filters at AAP yesterday. New boxes and the filter is red. I wonder if they took care of the tearing problem. Has anyone here tried one cut one open yet?

slight edit... fixed.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Any of the blue ones? or Grey?

I was in yesterday and they did not have any... guess I will have to check in today...

Just the red. They were sprinkled in, guess the didn't send a whole case. The warehouse is good for that.... S/N(I work there)

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

True

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Just saw the "new" filters at AAP yesterday. New boxes and the filter is red. I wonder if they took care of the tearing problem. Has anyone here tried one cut one open yet?

slight edit... fixed.
smile.gif

I stand corrected! "Trying 1 out" is not good enough for BITOG'ers

slight edit... fixed.
smile.gif

Well... what are you waiting for? 14610 Please...

With all the OCD types on Bitog, someone's going to buy a new filter and cut it open very soon to post pics for all of us to comment on. :p

Originally Posted By: JC1
With all the OCD types on Bitog, someone's going to buy a new filter and cut it open very soon to post pics for all of us to comment on. :p

HEY!
48.gif

Originally Posted By: JC1

LOL this is true, but in order to convince me I want to see how they hold up in service, several of them. My trust in Purolator is no longer there, it will take some time to re-establish that.

Originally Posted By: C4Dave
The Boss and Pure One have re-engineered filtering media.

So, let's cut a few new ones open and have a look see.

I may try one in two years after seeing what their filters became in the last couple of years im not brave enough to use anything purolater made!

I will wait about 2 years after monitoring what people say here on bitog i may buy one and cut it open just to see for myself.... Im also curious what Motorking thinks of their newly painted filters he will know before everyone else and he will say it like it is. At the moment im sticking with fram ultra for the premium filters and for the shop i will stay with Wix

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

slight edit... fixed.
smile.gif

Well... what are you waiting for? 14610 Please...

None of them in yet

When my application is looked up they show the pictures of the old filters and the Boss is n/a. In any case they won't get me one more time. They haven't said anything about media testing, and since way fewer OCD filter cutters are going to use them now, forget it. It may never be known if they are OK, unless the company publishes some data. Now the Fram Ultra series will be heavily cut open. So far, looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back