Where are all the tire sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have pulled the trigger two weeks ago when discount tire direct on ebay had a $75 rebate.

I need tires by Tuesday prior to a 500 mile family trip but it seems all the typical tire sellers are all full price (Walmart, discount tire, firestone)

Anyone know of any current running promos or sales?

I need 195/65/15 all seasons.

I regularly go into a local Sears store to see their stacks of 4 tires on special.

The deal is you buy all 4. The savings are outstanding. It's how I got my current set of Continentals.

I know it's a weak suggestion but it's the only one I have. Kira

ps Just read cat843's post.
Are you going 500 miles into populated areas or west into the prairie?
There might be a sale where you're going.

Not sure where in Illinois you are, but Blain's Farm and Fleet will be having a "Buy 3, Get 1 Free" over next weekend (and you can use any rebates too). This sale excludes Michelin, but that's no loss, as Michelin is overpriced garbage anyway.

But unfortunately for you, this isn't until *next* weekend.

extra_large.jpg

Thanks for the farm and fleet, what I find with those buy 3 get one free, they make you purchase "road hazard" which itself is usually $40-$60 which makes your savings only about $20-$30

Last edited:
Hmmm ... here just about every retail reseller here is having some kind of tire sale now, they TV ads are Canada-wide, not just local, and have been for about a month.

That includes dealers ... Toyota, GM, Ford, Chrysler all have the buy 4 / pay for 3 promotion (= 25% discount) and if you buy a new car, they all offer free winter tires + wheels promotions (typical MSRP about $C 1500.00).

Maybe it needs to snow first down there first? (although we didn't have our first snow until last Tuesday Nov 17).

Wall-Mart online ... you might have to choose a tire size that fits but is not strictly OEM size ... should be closing out their summer stock right now as well.

Check out your local car dealers. My local Ford dealer is advertising tire and battery sales right now. Not needing either, I didn't check into details.

I think Goodyear has an 80+40 rebate currently, that's good through like December.

Sam's Club has $80 discount on set of four Goodyear or Pirelli and $70 discount on set of four Michelin. There are tires in the size you are looking for on the club website by all three manufacturers

Sears rolled up their prices.

205 65 15 supposedly lists at $72 but were $44 a month ago. Now they're $58 and still "on sale".

But, wait, black friday they'll be buy 3, get 1 free.

44x4= 176
58x3= 174

Ooooh.

I know people want to wait until the first snowflake to buy and mount new all seasons so they can get the last gasp from their old tires, but the tire shops see this coming as well and time their sales to avoid November.

Best tip is to buy labor day but not mount them until needed. Cash and carry.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
NTB has buy 2 get 2 free. Of course you have to buy their installation package

The install package requires an alignment which adds about $129 to the price. They also have a $160 off special. $60 of that is a rebate and an instant $100 off. Install is about $65 which seems to be the better deal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back