What's with the looks of today's bikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I think all the current dirt bikes and enduros are ugly as sin. I've been on the hunt for an 80s vintage mint Honda XL series.

Yeah, what's with the enduros with all the boxes and stuff on them? Those things are hideous looking!

Originally Posted By: OldSparks

Yamaha-MT-10-EICMA-24.jpg

GARBAGE

What puzzles me most is that they sometimes bring some really incredible fine looking Protoypes to the international Motorcycle fairings arounf the world and then just dont build them.

The sadest example:

http://bazamoto.ru/img/honda/cb-1100r-prototype/cb-1100r-prototype_2008_2.jpg

I will buy it if they build it.
Or maybe Suzuki should build soemthing like this based on a bandit with the old oilcoled engine.
Would be a megaseller, i bet.

I like the look of the new Suzuki sport-tourer more , but from what I've read so far, the new Yamaha has all the performance goodies from the R1, with that fantastic crossplane engine, in a street standard.

073015-2016-Suzuki-GSX-S1000F-Statics_D4N9378.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OldSparks
I like the look of the new Suzuki sport-tourer more , but from what I've read so far, the new Yamaha has all the performance goodies from the R1, with that fantastic crossplane engine, in a street standard.

073015-2016-Suzuki-GSX-S1000F-Statics_D4N9378.jpg

Nice ... I was going to post that I liked that Yamaha Transformer look, but ... after seeing this Suzuki, Im like wow, rather have a refined looking sport/tourer. I only wish I could have a 2nd bike of this type in my garage. :eek:) My wife knows it too! *L*

Until the day comes for the second bike, I need my Road King for the storage, long range interstate power, 2 up torque and comfort. Grampi is right in that on that.
Different bikes, different purpose. The Road King takes us to the beach and the mountains, packed with luggage and/or plenty of room to buy stuff and bring it home with us. At comfortable true GPS speeds of 75 to 85 without breaking a sweat no matter how loaded down we are.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: alarmguy

Until the day comes for the second bike, I need my Road King for the storage, long range interstate power, 2 up torque and comfort. Grampi is right in that on that.
Different bikes, different purpose. The Road King takes us to the beach and the mountains, packed with luggage and/or plenty of room to buy stuff and bring it home with us. At comfortable true GPS speeds of 75 to 85 without breaking a sweat no matter how loaded down we are.

Yup. I can't imagine wifey being too happy touring on the back of the Yammie or the Suzuki...

In Honda's own words...

"RC45 Color scheme is a copy of HRC Works RVF racers combined colors and
graphics to provide a muscular character."

8203472485_8a41eddf59_o.jpg

8204563634_bd66b15cd7_o.jpg

The girls dig it...
8204563144_deb42147d6_o.jpg

Originally Posted By: BusyLittleShop
In Honda's own words...

"RC45 Color scheme is a copy of HRC Works RVF racers combined colors and
graphics to provide a muscular character."

8203472485_8a41eddf59_o.jpg

8204563634_bd66b15cd7_o.jpg

The girls dig it...
8204563144_deb42147d6_o.jpg

Girls probably just wanted their pic taken or got compensated.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein

So thinks the old guy blowing on his soup at Applebees... however Sukhee and Shelby are
not only bike builders but racers too... they are part owners of AFT Metric Customs and
have built their own bike named Kemosabe and even raced it on the Bonnieville salt flats...

Sukhee and Shelby fabricating Kemosabe...
att00001.jpg

Shelby at Bonnieville...
Height 5'11.5"
Weight 132
Bust 34C
Waist 28
Hips 36
Hair Blonde
Eyes Blue
Shoe 7.5
shelby.jpg

Shelby and her modified custom Honda... she is part owner of AFT Customs and is a skilled fabricator...
15117158733_2bc1fcdab4_o.jpg

I'm proud to be in the company of fast riders and savoy fabricators...
2012IMSMedium09.jpg

Originally Posted By: BusyLittleShop
Originally Posted By: Robenstein

So thinks the old guy blowing on his soup at Applebees... however Sukhee and Shelby are
not only bike builders but racers too... they are part owners of AFT Metric Customs and
have built their own bike named Kemosabe and even raced it on the Bonnieville salt flats...

Sukhee and Shelby fabricating Kemosabe...
att00001.jpg

Shelby at Bonnieville...
Height 5'11.5"
Weight 132
Bust 34C
Waist 28
Hips 36
Hair Blonde
Eyes Blue
Shoe 7.5
shelby.jpg

Shelby and her modified custom Honda... she is part owner of AFT Customs and is a skilled fabricator...
15117158733_2bc1fcdab4_o.jpg

I'm proud to be in the company of fast riders and savoy fabricators...
2012IMSMedium09.jpg

I have to wonder of all these people whose photos and names you've placed on the internet lately, if any of them had to caption a picture of you could come with any more than "This nasty old creeper who took our picture or had his picture taken with us then put it on the internet to make people think he knows us."

Originally Posted By: SlipperyPete

I have to wonder of all these people whose photos and names you've placed on the internet lately, if any of them had to caption a picture of you could come with any more than "This nasty old creeper who took our picture or had his picture taken with us then put it on the internet to make people think he knows us."

I dunno, Pete. The busylittle shop van seems legit to me...

pedobear-free-candy-van.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FastGame
My type of Goldwing

goldwing79.jpg

since you mention it heres my kind of goldwing
goldwing-finish.jpg
but then again i ride/am still trying to finish my 1984xj650 still gotta do the seat and one of these days change out the throttle shaft seals.

online photo storage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back