The 2017 Buick LaCrosse

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so few Buicks on the road that I wonder why they didn't pull the plug on the brand in the US during the bankruptcy proceedings as was the case with Pontiac and Saturn.

They have been targeting the younger generation for quite some time,but it seems that the elderly segment of the population still accounts for a significant percentage of sales.

Joe1, Buick is popular in China for GM, where no hang-ups or stereotypes of Buick are. In the U.S., I could see Buick shutting down soon as their customer base passes away.
Cadillac is now GM's performance brand with odd styling, which appeals to some anyway. Chevy of course has a full line-up. Why we need Buick in the U.S. is beyond me.

I think Buick has a great line up, and a lot of value in the "near luxury" class. They really are nice cars for the money.

Originally Posted By: lubricatosaurus
Joe1, Buick is popular in China for GM, where no hang-ups or stereotypes of Buick are.

Yes, Buicks and Lincoln (Continentals) are VERY popular in Sinoland.

I just wish that their government would let GM build them HERE and ship them over there as imports.
frown.gif

Joe1, Buick is popular in China for GM, where no hang-ups or stereotypes of Buick are. In the U.S., I could see Buick shutting down soon as their customer base passes away.
Cadillac is now GM's performance brand with odd styling, which appeals to some anyway. Chevy of course has a full line-up. Why we need Buick in the U.S. is beyond me.

Buick is for those who want nicer than a GM/Chev bad bowtie, but can't quite afford a Caddy

Makes sense to me

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy

Buick is for those who want nicer than a GM/Chev bad bowtie, but can't quite afford a Caddy

Makes sense to me

Change that to "Don't want to be as flashy as a Caddy", and that's Buick. Back in their heyday they were for well-off folks who didn't want to show off their money. Think well-paid folks who do something useful for a living, like doctors or professors. Not the useless nouveau rich like rappers/ambulance-chasers/speculators.

That new Opel, er, Buick is a looker. I hope it sells well enough here to be a smash hit in China since it has USDM credibility.

Oooooooh, the rear hips off the latest Mazda, the grill snoot off a Mercedes, the lower valance right off a Chrysler 200 and headlight off a 2006 Impala. Button button buttons, that'll scare away the 60 year olds!

The coolest thing will be at 60k miles when the top third of L.E.D. speedometer just goes blank. $1200 fix. I smell a recall on the heated steering wheel also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back