Anybody else buying a TV soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
i recently bought a TV and based on my research OLED TV is the future, so i got one (LG 55EG9100).

Do they make a non-curved version?

the LG's OLED TV are only slightly curved. it's not a big deal at all and helps a lot with reflections. if you insist on non-curved ones, they are more expensive (4k).

My Motorola Droid is almost three years old and I am still knocked out by how beautifully color-dense it looks. I know I will go all weak kneed when I see one of these TV's up close.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
10 years ago if you told me we'd be buying 49" TVs for $499 I wouldn't have believed you. At that price point, I am not sure it is worth rolling the dice for Black Friday sales.

M-series is Vizio's mid level set and offers a lot of value for the money. I have two E-series (entry level) and I have been very happy with them, I actually prefer to them to the Sony I have.

+1 to this though. If you are looking for a good, affordable set, these Vizios review very well. I'd look there. The new sonys are also very nice LCDs, but they can creep up quick in price.

Vizio E50 $498 12 active zones LED, 120HZ refresh, 16.7 million colors.

Vizio M49 - $499 32 active zones LED, 120HZ refresh, 1.07 billion colors

I guess unless i see something different the $1 seems to get alot more minus losing an inch.

I am choosing the 50 inch give or take due to my 8 foot distance in our living room. This is a new to us house and we have been watching a 32 inch up until now while waiting on this house. I dont see spending thousands right now on a TV which is why i am trying to find the best bang for the buck.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
I own 3 TVs, but we disconnected from the cable world a few years ago and our blood pressure down, and health has improved and savings are up.

Amen, Bro.I cut the cord 10 years ago and haven't missed it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger

You would laugh at me. I'm still rockin' a 2006 model CRT rear projection 51" Hitachi 1080i/720p. You know, the kind with three tube guns one red, one green, one blue. They overlay their picture onto one another's on a mirror at back and it pitches to the opaque screen at front.... LOL.

I can easily beat that...1990 JVC 36" CRT, 200# monster! Calibrated & maintained by me. Deep blacks and great picture.

If you haven't done so in awhile (or ever), pull the screen off and vacuum all the dust out, including the CRTs. Then line the inside with duvytyne or a flat black non-reflective fabric. You'll improve your color contrast and enhance the blacks.

Finally, vac/blow the dust off the HV section.

Got you all beat. 1989 27 inch Panasonic console, a 1983 13 inch Sylvania and a 1995 Panasonic 20 inch. Each producing excellent gray acale.On cold winter days, I warm up next to my 1962 Heathkit/Daystrom tube amplifier..I/m as cheap as they get!!

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger

You would laugh at me. I'm still rockin' a 2006 model CRT rear projection 51" Hitachi 1080i/720p. You know, the kind with three tube guns one red, one green, one blue. They overlay their picture onto one another's on a mirror at back and it pitches to the opaque screen at front.... LOL.

I can easily beat that...1990 JVC 36" CRT, 200# monster! Calibrated & maintained by me. Deep blacks and great picture.

If you haven't done so in awhile (or ever), pull the screen off and vacuum all the dust out, including the CRTs. Then line the inside with duvytyne or a flat black non-reflective fabric. You'll improve your color contrast and enhance the blacks.

Finally, vac/blow the dust off the HV section.

and i thought i was cheap when i recently retired 1998 27" CRT and 2003 45" LCD TVs.
but, i still have a monster 2001 21" CRT monitor and mid 1990's small multi-system CRT TV.

and i thought i was cheap when i recently retired 1998 27" CRT and 2003 45" LCD TVs.
but, i still have a monster 2001 21" CRT monitor and mid 1990's small multi-system CRT TV.

Now you would really think I'm cheap if I had one of those 21 inch round tubes from the early 60's.

Originally Posted By: Lubener

Now you would really think I'm cheap if I had one of those 21 inch round tubes from the early 60's.

You'd be a cool hipster if you were sporting a Zenith or RCA roundie from the 60's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back