The highest mileage vehicle you own and have owned

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how long you've owned it. We're all on here pondering what fluids will let our drivetrains live the longest lives known to mankind. Let's see how far you've made it.

My accord is the highest I own and have ever owned. I bought it in high school with 192,000 in 2004. I think my current reading is something like 383,900. The moon is only 230,000. Original bottom end and automatic trans. Runs good, get's driven pretty hard.

When I was in high school, my parents bought me a brand new Neon and I drove it through college, sold it with 185k on it. At the time I didn't have a lot of money for repairs or a replacement car and it never let me down. When I sold it, the body was dented and scratched from parking on campus, but still ran like new. I just couldn't drive it one more mile! I kinda wish I had kept it.

After that experience, I realized life was too short to drive one car and now I buy a new one every year or two...
confused2.gif

2001 Merc E320

My father bought it brand new, drove it until he passed away in 2006 (110k miles). I took the car over and drove it until 2010.

I only replaced the timing chain due to defective crank gear and chain slack.

I sold it with 142k miles on it, in 2010

I owned a 90 Ford Ranger 2.9 V6. I sold it at 350k. The engine only had tune ups and oil changes. It went through a few fuel pumps and clutches. Ran great when I sold it. I saw it around town for years after that. I kept it on a study diet of Mobil 1.

The farm has one truck that has about 260,000KM+ bought new.

2005 Hino 308 260K KM. It's an okay truck, definitely not enough power for what its doing. 220 HP / 520 Torque. I prefer driving the '08 Kenworth T370, 260/660, it has 158K KM

Before: 1983 Plymouth Horizon 5-Speed.
crackmeup2.gif
260,000 miles with NO major work.
thumbsup2.gif

Current: 1997 Camry, 240,000 miles. Flippin' bulletproof.

I had a 2006 toyota 4runner 4.7, which got about 180000KM when I sold it. I was moving, or I would have kept it.

Am still owning a daily driver 1994 Mitsubishi/Proton 4G15 1.5L carburreter.

Replace piston rings in 2004.

Odometer at 100,000 miles since 2006.

Major repair limited to absorbers replacement, other than routine fluids replacement.
blush.gif

My current vehicle, a '95 Saturn SC1, purchased brand new when I graduated college. It just hit 234,567 miles this week! Great, reliable car that gets over 35 MPG.

In college my parents gave me their 85 Amc eagle and I drive it from 270k-310k and left it in nyc parking garage as it would not start after 1 month trip.

The motor was never opened, the carb a pos , and transmission original. The body and electrical fell apart down to heat blower. Just the (front wipers) and lights worked. I had to manually flash the turn signals.

I get why folks like jeep 4.0 motors as this had a related 4.2 used in Cj-7.

My daily driver has 283,000 miles on it. It's a 1997 Nissan pickup. It's been surprisingly reliable but has had a failed radiator and clutch release bearing over the past 18 years.

2005 Honda Civic, purchased new, five speed stick, 305000 miles. No repairs until last 30k when it's needed a new alternator and front wheel bearings. Third set of brakes on front, second on back, original clutch. (Honda dealer told me clutch was shot over 100k miles ago based on their drive of 50 meters into their service bay for a timing belt change, lol) The clutch never slips or judders and shifting is smooth as butter. Burns about .5 quarts oil per 7500 Mile OCI.Its my winter beater now and rust is starting to get it, but not bad yet. Would love to get two more winters out of it.

Last edited:
I had a 92 honda civic lx ith the 1.5L engine with 290,000 miles on it when I sold it. It ran but one cylinder was dead - I believe the rings were shot. It would still drive but not very good. IT had alot of miles but was very high maintenance as well. Loved the way the car rode and drove except in rain and snow. IT was a 5 speed and when I bought it got 38 mpg then I added new plugs, distributor cap and rotors and it went up to 42 mpg. Was great when gas was higher.

Had a 91 miata bought it with 290000 kept it til 301000 ran perfect had small oil leak I ran supertech 15w40 in it very thick for that lil motor but I redlined every gear it was fun car now my jeep is about to break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back