2011 GMC 1500 UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my first UOA. This is Car Quest Canada (Irving up here I believe.) Full Syn Dexos 5W30 with a Fram Ultra XG 10060 filter.

If I am missing anything, please ask.

Comments off the UOA report...

"You couldn't have asked for a better first report for this GM 4.8L. Our universal averages show typical wear for these
engines with oil run about 8,400 km. After a longer oil change interval than that, there was nothing in the way of excess
wear in this sample, and that's a great indication of a healthy engine in our tests. The sample wasn't contaminated with
excess fuel or dirt (silicon) and a TBN of 2.4 shows additive left for a longer run. You would have no trouble going 12,000km on the next fill of 5W/30. If things look good then you might go even longer after that!"

Code:

MI/HR on Oil 9,111km or 5,695 Miles

MI/HR on Unit 111,519km or 69,699 miles

Sample Date 10/31/2015

Make Up Oil Added 0qts

ALUMINUM 2

CHROMIUM 0

IRON 6

COPPER 17

LEAD 0

TIN 4

MANGANESE 0

MOLYBDENUM 85

NICKEL 0

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 0

CALCIUM 2277

POTASSIUM 0

BORON 93

SILICON 10

SODIUM 0

MAGNESIUM 12

PHOSPHORUS 790

ZINC 904

BARIUM 0

TBN 2.4

Next UOA will be with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W30 & AC Delco UPF48R filter.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: WillB
Dexos spec... Full synthetic.
The dexos1 (small 'd', not capitalized, yes its weird...) is only a performance specification, not an oil brand. (If you used dealership oil, its probably an AC-Delco synthetic blend, not a full synthetic.)

You had the best oil filter in the XG, please tell me you're not going to digress to the AC oil filter now!

Great UOA. I didn't think those V8s were capable of such low iron ppm numbers. Congrats. Keep doing what you're doing, but I admit moving to Pennzoil synthetic is pretty awesome too.

Originally Posted By: lubricatosaurus
Originally Posted By: WillB
Dexos spec... Full synthetic.
The dexos1 (small 'd', not capitalized, yes its weird...) is only a performance specification, not an oil brand. (If you used dealership oil, its probably an AC-Delco synthetic blend, not a full synthetic.)

You had the best oil filter in the XG, please tell me you're not going to digress to the AC oil filter now!

Great UOA. I didn't think those V8s were capable of such low iron ppm numbers. Congrats. Keep doing what you're doing, but I admit moving to Pennzoil synthetic is pretty awesome too.

Thanks for the correction on the 'd'. The reason I went with the UPF48R is that its GM's top filter, and Im not a fan of the new ecore filters.

Im glad these numbers csme out as good as they did, inspires more confidence in the Fram Premium filters. Ill use Fram again next change, then send that off.

I am doing these UOA because of the Pennzoil 'make the change' program.

Last edited:

Dealers here also offer the full synthetic, and certainly let people purchase that for their oil changes.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak

Dealers here also offer the full synthetic, and certainly let people purchase that for their oil changes.
wink.gif

Thats one thing i dont buy from the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back