Race Info.

Pole: Nico Rosberg – Mercedes
Race laps: 71
Fast race lap: Lewis Hamilton – Mercedes, 1:13.555
Podium
1. Nico Rosberg – Mercedes
2. Lewis Hamilton – Mercedes
3. Felipe Massa – Williams Mercedes

For more, including track data and video, please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports

19_Brazil_E_300DPI-886x498.jpg

Such an awesome track with a long history. Give me a 'real' track like Interlagos or Spa or old Hockenheim over a sterile Tilke-designed snooze-inducer any day.

Originally Posted By: Garak
What about Formula E?

I would rather watch teen agers play with R/C cars, than watch washed up F1 drivers, in what amounts to high speed golf carts that get slower instead of faster.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: Garak
What about Formula E?

I would rather watch teen agers play with R/C cars, than watch washed up F1 drivers, in what amounts to high speed golf carts that get slower instead of faster.

So you don't like it then?

I'm not saying I'm dying to watch it. I'm just curious. After all, if it were to develop any kind of interest, it would have to have some decent coverage at least somewhere. One writer had noted that Formula E has probably done an actual disservice to the electric vehicle as a consumer item, since the series has highlighted how big the gap really is between electric vehicles and gasoline vehicles.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
So you don't like it then?

In a word, NO. It's horribly boring, all but soundless, and wouldn't even exist, if it weren't for the liberal, politically correct greenies of today's world. Another Rube Goldberg science fair project run amok in the racing world. That is if you really want to call it "racing". It does however give washed up, has been drivers a venue to compete in. A bit like watching the Senior PGA Tour.

Formula E is on either FS1 or FS2 here. I do enjoy it as it is something new to watch. The lack of sound is weird for sure, but at least they stopped piping in the lame DJ music like they did in the first race.

For anyone that is not aware I thought that I would post this article about Massa being excluded because of tyre temperature! It sounds rather strange since as you can see Williams dispute the readings which are far different to their own. What seems odd is that the high reading appears to be on only one tyre and the difference between what the FIA claim and what Williams say is thirty degrees.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/williams-fia-measurement-was-wrong/

There had been some speculation that the tire blanket malfunctioned, but that doesn't make a lot of sense, given when the measurements were taken and what is printed in your story and elsewhere. I could see there being an issue if every tire was 30 degrees hotter than specified, and then at the normal pressure for the normal temperature. Then, Sir Frank is pulling a fast one. As it stands, it doesn't sound like that at all.

Oh well, they've locked up third place no matter what.

The Autosport story was a little more in depth, and indicated that legal fees would be involved, which, combined with the reasoning addressed in the article, makes it a waste, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back