Motorcraft fl910s Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This came off of my coworker's 2015 Ford Fiesta ST after 4k miles on motorcraft oil. He drives about 15 miles each way to work on the highway, but drives this car HARD. I thought it looked good.

It does look good ... but the oil seems pretty black for 4K miles, or is that real back oil on the pad from some other filter cutting?

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
It does look good ... but the oil seems pretty black for 4K miles, or is that real back oil on the pad from some other filter cutting?

No the oil was very black. That pad was new before we started cutting. I just attributed it to the car being turbo and my friends driving habits. Albeit, oil color means nothing, it is interesting how quickly it darkened.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Solid looking filter!!

Motorcraft filters never seem to disappoint.

Originally Posted By: tomcruise
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

No the oil was very black. That pad was new before we started cutting. I just attributed it to the car being turbo and my friends driving habits. Albeit, oil color means nothing, it is interesting how quickly it darkened.

Yep, boost all the time will darken the oil.

Always good results from Motorcraft!
thumbsup2.gif

Man I have yet to run one that looked this good, but wavy pleats dont matter either I guess.

$4 at WM is a great buy IMO.

The stuff on the pad is black. Soot from unburned fuel? The pad filters good. I will unpopularly say this is a good case for oil filter recycling instead of cutting. I always used Motorcraft on my Fords, until the issue came up, wonder what they will do with the filter reset by Purolator next year. At least MC doesn't do the good, better, best filter choice baloney.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
The stuff on the pad is black. Soot from unburned fuel? The pad filters good. I will unpopularly say this is a good case for oil filter recycling instead of cutting. I always used Motorcraft on my Fords, until the issue came up, wonder what they will do with the filter reset by Purolator next year. At least MC doesn't do the good, better, best filter choice baloney.

All the Motorcraft filters I've cut look like this. No tears, or wavy pleats. I did this at work, so everything was recycled properly, pad included.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Solid looking filter!!

Motorcraft filters never seem to disappoint.

Never say never.....
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3420217/Motorcraft_FL-910s_cut_open

I've never been disappointed...so...

Originally Posted By: Pontual
And what about the oil, that was?

.....after 4k miles on motorcraft oil.

I'm not sure what weight the oil was though...

Originally Posted By: goodtimes

All the Motorcraft filters I've cut look like this. No tears, or wavy pleats. I did this at work, so everything was recycled properly, pad included.

I'm sure all yours were fine. There still is the issue. I don't know where I would recycle used oil soaked pads. I probably won't cut many more used filters, maybe one. Here they give out a recycling bag and you put the drained used filters in it and the oil in a provided jug, and the recycle guy takes it. Not sure how it can be denied cutting used oil filters makes a huge mess. Which is unpopular to say here. It will be interesting what Motorcraft does after the old filter lines cease, or maybe Mann will still make contracted filters the old way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back