Blew my power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
my AX650 has a combination of sleeved and ones similar to your cables.

I've found there are only a few good manufacturers of power supply.

So I just go read http://www.jonnyguru.com/ for the inside scoop on worthy models.

Even some Roseswill models are actually halfway decent.
and good brand names will have low quality models built to a price as well.

30990230_tumblr_m1den294MS1qj3kue_xlarge.gif

Dude, get a new case with proper cable management ;_;

Originally Posted By: Nick R
30990230_tumblr_m1den294MS1qj3kue_xlarge.gif

Dude, get a new case with proper cable management ;_;

Naw. Im actually planning on keeping it when I eventually upgrade as I haven't found anything that I like more. That's why Im bothering to replace the busted I/O panel and I even bought the factory USB 3.0 drive bay adapter along with it for when I do the upgrade.
Im hoping Ill have money mid-'16 to do the upgrade and Ill revisit the case situation at that time.

Is that an adaptec RAID card? It looks very similar to one of mine - either the 5805 or 7805.

Looks like we have similar setups. Mine is at least as messy.

Last edited:
Replace what? I already put in the Corsair RM850x a month ago.
Oh, I suppose I could add that my rebate got approved and they are sending me my $25.
Get some gas at least.

Originally Posted By: CBR.worm
Is that an adaptec RAID card? It looks very similar to one of mine - either the 5805 or 7805.

Looks like we have similar setups. Mine is at least as messy.

6805 with the "Zero Maintenance" cache module attached. Very happy with it. Totally worth the entry fee if you are handling as many drives as I am.
Only bad part is the software. Really don't like running a Apache server just for the once a month I actually go into the software and check something. Notice it leaks memory too. Starts out at .25GB and by the end of the week its at 2GB.
Annoying.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kc8adu
post on badcaps forums with good pics.
its likely worth fixing.

It's a CoolerMaster power supply. It's not worth fixing.

Its actually not a bad power supply, just let down by low-grade LTec caps. It did do almost 6 years straight running even with that issue though. Lots of full load time, too.
I got my moneys worth out of it, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back