Jared Fogle prison sentencing this Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgusting. They never should have agreed to a plea - 15 years is way too lenient considering what Fogle did. He should be incarcerated for 25 years, minimum.

And Fogle's diet is not to blame - his own failure to deal with his compulsive disorder (that lead to his overeating) IS. It's insane that the public will now connect this with his weight when it's NOT the issue. But few people will look past the ugly surface to see that.

Last edited:
There's only so much the prosecution can do. The accused always has the option of pleading guilty, and that is almost always taken into account during sentencing, whether or not the prosecution likes it, assuming there is no mandatory sentence (i.e. life in prison for murder, depending upon the jurisdiction).

Originally Posted By: Garak
There's only so much the prosecution can do. The accused always has the option of pleading guilty, and that is almost always taken into account during sentencing, whether or not the prosecution likes it, assuming there is no mandatory sentence (i.e. life in prison for murder, depending upon the jurisdiction).
Cool story about minimum mandatory sentencing. FL has minimum mandatory for gun crimes. A few miles away from me three guys robbed a store. Clerk was shot in finger. Under FL guidelines that would have been 25 years min man. The feds took the case for some reason. Longest sentence was like 78 months. And that was for the driver.

I'm not talking about mandatory minimum sentencing. I'm talking about mandatory sentencing, period. Up here, for example, first degree murder has historically had a mandatory life sentence with no chance of parole for 25 years. That's the sentence, whether you plead guilty and the judge knows you'll never do it again because you lost both arms and legs in your arrest, or if you're found guilty after trial and promise to murder every cellmate you ever have.

With a mandatory sentence, you are given a specific sentence upon conviction, regardless of how that conviction is obtained, the circumstances of the offence, or the opinions of the judge, prosecutor, or defence.

Originally Posted By: BRZED
Is he stil going to "eat fresh"?
37.gif

Foot-longs.

5. 5 Dollar..

Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: Garak
Cool story about minimum mandatory sentencing. FL has minimum mandatory for gun crimes. A few miles away from me three guys robbed a store. Clerk was shot in finger. Under FL guidelines that would have been 25 years min man. The feds took the case for some reason. Longest sentence was like 78 months. And that was for the driver.

Unrelated, but that is one more gun case the Feds can say they prosecuted.

FL also is one of few states with Sheriff background checks at gun shows, not private sale "honor system."

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
He'll be back to 400 lbs in no time.

There are so many jokes, but I'll refrain.

If losing weight made Vogel a pedo, gaining weight may make him a cannibal. He may end up suing not only Subway but also the prison.

Originally Posted By: Brad_C
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
He'll be back to 400 lbs in no time.

On prison food?

Not much opportunity for decent exercise. Who knows, maybe he'll do push ups all day in his cell and become a Hercules and become then new ring leader in the jail house.

Originally Posted By: Ratchetgrinder

FL also is one of few states with Sheriff background checks at gun shows, not private sale "honor system."
LOLOLOLOL. Yeah right. There may be a county counties totally taken over by yankees that have stupid ordinances like that but it certainly isn't FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back