Some pages never finish loading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems more often than not when I click on a thread- and only an thread, the loading indicator will never stop circling. Sometimes the message at the bottom of the page will say "Waiting for Bob is the oil guy.com", sometimes it will say "Waiting for Twitter.com" (or some other social media site I suppose) and still other times it says that it is waiting for some other website- I looked it up and it seems to be a company that specializes in grouping the social media buttons/links together... and of course I forgot their name. Anyway, is a fault of my browser (Chrome) or some software glitch with BITOG or one of the other sites it "talks" to, to bring us the social media stuff? What can be done to eliminate it?

It's definitely has nothing to do with clearing browser cache on my machine. It's this website. Spinning circle on a thread right now, and browser is wating for graph.facebook.com. I don't use Facebook. This has been going on with various threads for at least a few weeks now. I am thinking it's some type of tracking and ad blockers are stopping it, so that's why it gets hung on waiting/spinning circle. Could be wrong, but that's my take on it.

After looking at some logs, I think it's just the web page scripts causing the problem. Like the graph.facebook.com script.

Solved! No more spinning circles. Blocked all the social media scripts that were causing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back