CRC GDI Intake Valve Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used this product for the first time today. CRC seems to make reputable products + it was $2 off AND CRC was offering a MIR of $5. That puts it around $5/can + tax.

Instructions are to insert the thin wand into the intake downstream of the MAS, as close to the throttle body as possible, on a HOT engine. Start the engine, raise throttle to ~ 2000rpm and spray in 30sec bursts. Fortunately, the can will spray upside down.

I noticed several large clouds of blue/purple smoke afterwards when the 30sec was up. Before I used it all, I also thoroughly sprayed the IAC valve.

Rev the engine a few times, turn it off and let hot soak about an hour. Then drive at freeway speeds around 10min. Haven't done the later yet: Waiting for traffic to disperse.

The contents have a very strong smell of PEA, which is a good thing. I'll pull some plugs in a few days and compare before/after.

They say right on the can that it is not ONLY for direct injection systems, but also will work very well for older, port injected set ups.
smile.gif

I have a can I got with the instant rebate when it first became available.

I am going to use it before next summer's OCI.

True. I liked the long snout, the fact it will empty the can when sprayed upside down, CRC's reputation and the low cost opportunity to try it out.

It is applicable for "regular" port injection systems as well. I also like the strong smell of PEA in it. Right up there with Redline Si-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back