Motul made in Italy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Thebimmerfan
Originally Posted By: edyvw
That is recently. Selenia was the name long before Petronas took them over.

Well, not so recently, Petronas acquired Selenia in 2007, almost eight years.

That might be long for you, but Selenia was big name long, long time before 2007.

Originally Posted By: Thebimmerfan
Originally Posted By: Jetronic
I don't like the current styling of Ferrari's... I'd buy a 288 GTO or 512BB if I could/wanted

new, I'd buy a Maserati.

I prefere some classic Ferrari models also like Daytona 365, F40 or Testarossa, but TBH 458 Italia or F60 Enzo are some gorgeous cars...

Probably one of the 'sexiest' shaped cars ever made was the 246GT Dino.
smile.gif
20.gif

I contacted Motul USA and can confirm they are now producing the oil in Italy now. I purchased 25 liters and all were made in Italy with production dates of October and November 2014.

I'm more interested in a VOA now to see if anything has changed as well as an UOA.

Originally Posted By: slybunda
so is it best to avoid motul oil now that they have cheaped out to a different provider
How do you know it was "cheaped out"? Nice bias there.

Originally Posted By: volodymyr
Well, it is interesting to see the attitude of people to products from Italy.

At least they were not mixed up in anything similar to 'dieselgate'. As of September 2015 labels 'made in Germany' probably worth less than 'made in Italy' to me.
The Beretta 92 is a fine pistol.

I've always enjoyed their claasic sculpture. Sophia Loren comes to mind. Or was that classy sculpture?

Italy has always had a reputation for excellence in metal work and design . Look to the UK for poor quality .

Originally Posted By: slybunda
so is it best to avoid motul oil now that they have cheaped out to a different provider

Businesses reducing their costs is a pretty reputable way of making sure they don't have to keep raising prices.

If you'd prefer to pay extra for the identical product, feel free to mail $5 to Motul's headquarters in France.

Honestly, who cares where it's made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back