Discount Tire experiance

Status
Not open for further replies.
My one and only visit to the local Discount Tire was to price a car tire to be used on the rear of my Can Am Spider. The clerk saw it parked outside and replied "we don't sell tires to be used on a motorcycle".

I thanked him and ordered online which I now do for my auto and truck as well.

Originally Posted By: CKN
The D.T. guy was actually competent and the OP is complaining.

I know that.
But i had to ask 3 times for a rotation.
Its my car just do it.
I don't need a nanny.

To me it sounds like he was just doing his job. You may know better and don't need a nanny, but some folks do and some just need a little advice. They can't always tell which one you are just by looking at you. And don't forget their primary job is to sell tires.

My daughter's car has tires that were installed by a Tires Plus down the road with road hazard insurance. On a sat I found a screw in her tire. I brought it to Tires Plus to have it fixed and he told me they could not fix it because they closed in two hours and had 4 cars to do. That's the kind of service I hate.

I ran it up to Discount Tire and even though I got there 10 minutes before closing, they were willing to fix it. The manager fixed it himself so I wouldn't have to wait and it was free.

I ordered 2 tires from DT. I called the store twice over a three work period to see where they were. They told me they'd call me back when they took delivery.

That was three years ago.

I was away one week, and my wife had a blowout. DT told her YES, its warranted. Then, they sold her an expensive tire to replace it, when the cheapest one would have been a much better match since the other 3 were pretty worn and will need to be replaced soon. So, we were "refunded" a whopping $20 off the new, very expensive tire.

Point I was trying to make is that she could have bought a much less expensive tire at full price and came out better than the expensive one with $20 off. Its not the cash, its that they, IMO, took a bit of advantage of a woman not well versed on tires. This would not have happened if I would have been there.

BTW, the title of this is DT "experiences". Just sharing one, thats all.

It's normal for business of any type to take advantage of uninformed customers, male or female. Since women mostly don't know much about tire, most tire shops would sell most expensive(highest profit margin) tire.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Point I was trying to make is that she could have bought a much less expensive tire at full price and came out better than the expensive one with $20 off. Its not the cash, its that they, IMO, took a bit of advantage of a woman not well versed on tires. This would not have happened if I would have been there.

BTW, the title of this is DT "experiences". Just sharing one, thats all.

Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to complaining about a tire guy doing his job and trying to inform a customer. Your situation is a little different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back