Corolla Evap cleaning was THIS easy! yeesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's if you have a magical diagram showing every screw and an assistant to label everything and a diagram of which way to pinch or pry the plastic tabs.

Oh, and don't forget to admire the work of the $1300 mechanic's bill as you ride down the road for 5 more years listening to all the tapping and rattles from everything that has been piecemealed back together.

"Just like new" hey. Sure...

Originally Posted By: SumpChump

Oh, and don't forget to admire the work of the $1300 mechanic's bill as you ride down the road for 5 more years listening to all the tapping and rattles from everything that has been piecemealed back together.

+1

I started to read about how Jetta heater cores were starting to come of age. Looking into how to replace, I realized that it was about this level of repair--and got rid of the car. 8 hours of labor? Yikes. It would have taken me a week.

When he pulled out the evap core, it was coated in... dirt? Was that dirt from not having a cabin filter, or was that the stuff that makes the mold smell?

I cant believe they couldnt have just pulled the whole dash out. No way they would have assembled it that way; the whole dash would have been sent to the assembly line and dropped in.
Though I guess even if you did, it looks buried in there enough to be part of the dash assembly, and you would have to take it apart once you got it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back