Amsoil MCT 10w30 on Honda NT700VA Deauville 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You woulld have to believe the oil saw absolutely no degrade in 6,000 miles, which I think all should know cant be true."

If you read the post you will realize that the test distance is 6000 kilometers or 3600 miles.

Dave at Redline is a nice guy, but sorry, he is wrong. Your 5w20 experiment sheared. I wouldn't have thought the lowly NT700 VTwin would have been hard on oil. The AmSoil appears to have done well, but you are just as likely to have other brands and weights hold up also. Same as Pablo doesn't want you talked out of using it, don't be talked into using it unless you want to for some valid reason. There are other 10w30's that might hang in there and a few 10w40's I know of, BUT, I have no idea what's available in Greece. Do not overlook a stout diesel 15w40 to meet your needs. If Honda says a 10w30 is OK, I'd rather see a 40 weight shear to a 30 that should be OK, vs. a 30 weight shearing out of grade to a 20 that really isn't protecting well. At least you are managing by fact with UOA, that's the only way to really know.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, I see no reason to switch to a 10w40 or 15w40 oil.
It there any diesel oil that also meets the JASO T903 MA spec?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back