Strange and unusual cars and their parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's got something weird?

Today my job was to find a new Radiator for a 1986 Maserati biturbo Spyder zagato. I've called all my regular suppliers and nothing!

Waiting on a call back from Beverly Hills Maserati
grin.gif
But even that does not seem promising.

My International Scout was a little tough to get parts for at first. But I got the hang of it and kept common part numbers in my head.

Try finding the internal water distribution tube for the engine block of a 62 Renault Dauphine.

LOL! I feel for you RE: Maserati biturbo parts.

I dealt with one once in the early 90s, nothing but royal pain in the neck!

Q.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Time for the old fashioned method: a tape measure and a big book showing radiator dimensions!
It resembles an Audi Radiator. Both connections are on the same side which severely limits my options.

An '86 biturbo is worth enough to replace a radiator?
These cars were a POS when new and have not improved with age IMHO.
Anyway, Google is your friend.
There are probably NOS parts out there just waiting for a buyer.
Or, call a rad shop.
They'll either be able to make something fit or can recore the original.

84 rabbit L 1.6idi/4spECO, try and find a coolant transfer tube, new or used. I looked for five years, I cut bad out and spliced a PVC tee and three hoses in place of bad section of tube.
I still need one, but fear I will never find one.

Harvey

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Or, call a rad shop.
They'll either be able to make something fit or can recore the original.
I am a RAD shop!

No luck with Google yet. Seems like the places I call are on the East coast.

While not a car...a water pump for a Onan RDJC generator was a challenge...until I figured out that the RDJC engine was designed at a time when Onan was in cahoots with Studebaker...and determined a Studebaker water pump would fit...
wink.gif

-b

My cousin used to have one years ago I am surprised they are some still around.

My dodge dakota 2.5 had a heater hose that was 5/8" on one end and 3/4" on the other. How they mated the k-car motor and the manly truck. They rigged it so the OE hose didn't look like anything special, for the lulz, of course.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Who's got something weird?

...My International Scout was a little tough to get parts for at first. But I got the hang of it and kept common part numbers in my head.

Way back, when I had a Scout, the heater valve started leaking (it may not have been the original valve). I went down to the hardware store and got a replacement valve. It screwed right into the engine block. Open it in the fall, close it in the spring.

Checked out Ebay and found this. A bit pricey but probably what you need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maserati-Biturbo-BRAND-NEW-RADIATOR-Valeo-324050100-/381310066507?hash=item58c7d9df4b:m:m5LRPXbPRAtYsiZ7pZX3LEw&vxp=mtr

Originally Posted By: spk2000
Checked out Ebay and found this. A bit pricey but probably what you need.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maserati-Biturbo-BRAND-NEW-RADIATOR-Valeo-324050100-/381310066507?hash=item58c7d9df4b:m:m5LRPXbPRAtYsiZ7pZX3LEw&vxp=mtr
Sure do look like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back