What's with the looks of today's bikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like everything these days either looks like a transformer, or it looks like it came straight out of the 1950s. Seems like they could at least make a few models that look modern without looking like they belong in a sci-fi movie...yes I know I'm exaggerating, but have you been to a motorcycle dealership lately? If so you'd know what I'm talking about...

I think they are sexy!!!

They are attracting all kinds of people who never previously considered one...myself included!

You must have seen the FZ-1 replacement!

Yamaha-MT-10-EICMA-24.jpg

The new indian is looking classically nice and most don't care that it is not the original indian so don't feel obligated to mention that.

They finally made a decent R1, but they did away with the undertail exhaust
frown.gif

The 09-14 looked terrible.

I agree, some of the new designs are pretty wild looking, and not my personal cup of tea. However, it looks like some makers have brought back some "retro" styled bikes, like the CB1100 or Scrambler models.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
The new indian is looking classically nice and most don't care that it is not the original indian so don't feel obligated to mention that.

Indian is a good example of the 1950s looking bikes. Their bikes are built extremely well, but I just can't deal with the retro look...

Well if you are going to go retro...you have to stick to the 60s and 50s. No one wants those Purple Rain looking bikes from the 80's. with the vetter fairings lol

I still want Kawasaki to bring the W800 to the USA. Best looking retro bike out there.

But as for modern looking bikes, I agree. They look exactly like Transformers.

Originally Posted By: grampi
It seems like everything these days either looks like a transformer, or it looks like it came straight out of the 1950s. Seems like they could at least make a few models that look modern without looking like they belong in a sci-fi movie...yes I know I'm exaggerating, but have you been to a motorcycle dealership lately? If so you'd know what I'm talking about...

Go to a Harley Dealership instead. Seems that it would also be more your speed as well.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

Go to a Harley Dealership instead. Seems that it would also be more your speed as well.
I always think about getting a Sportster because it is an adult mini bike.

I am torn between a Sportster the adult mini bike or a GSX 100.

Originally Posted By: OldSparks
You must have seen the FZ-1 replacement!

Yamaha-MT-10-EICMA-24.jpg

The design of the new Yammie is nothing ground-breaking. The Kawi naked bike has had that radical, industrial design thing going on for years now.

You're kidding, right? All of their bikes, with the exception of the V-Rod, look like they came from the 1950s...

The bikes I like the looks of are the Suzuki M109R, Victory Hammer (the older ones with the chrome package), and Honda VTX 1800...the Triumph Rocket 3 isn't bad (which is what I have now)...the Yamaha Raider and Stryker aren't bad either...I also can't get into the looks of all the bags, fairings, running boards, etc. a lot of the bikes have, but I realize those items aren't on the bikes for looks, but rather for function...

I think all the current dirt bikes and enduros are ugly as sin. I've been on the hunt for an 80s vintage mint Honda XL series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back