Aldi Cranberries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year I bought 30 lbs of fresh cranberries and I ran out of cranberry jam and sauce after 8 months. I intend to buy 50 lbs this year.

My friend from Illinois told me that Aldi just started selling fresh cranberries and that they usually get heavily discounted after a while. Make the best of it, cranberry lovers! We have no Aldi stores in Utah, but maybe I can pick some up on the way back from my Thanksgiving trip. How do I best smuggle them across state borders? I could fill the spare wheel compartment, but it may not hold enough cranberries!

http://lifehacker.com/make-a-cranberry-sauce-that-doubles-as-a-jam-1742866887

If you're coming to New England I'm sure you can get sacks of the things from a Cape Cod connection.

Aldi is hit or miss in the produce section. Half the stuff is great and half is rotten. If you're going to be in a cranberry rich area while in season that's by far the best solution. I'm gearing up for the coming $7 flats of strawberries picked two hours ago.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SumpChump
Heck man, just come through Western Wisconsin here on the interstate and you can pick up hundreds of pounds right from the bogs and processing factory.

And while you're at it you can attend the cranberry festival in Warrens
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: SumpChump
Heck man, just come through Western Wisconsin here on the interstate and you can pick up hundreds of pounds right from the bogs and processing factory.

And while you're at it you can attend the cranberry festival in Warrens
smile.gif

Somebody knows about Warrens!? WoW.

Have any of you successfully smuggled 50 lbs of cranberries or similar across state borders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back