Coffee - Your Current Brew

I buy bulk directly from Illy.com, 12 cans at a time. They send us special savings codes from time to time. Right now they have free shipping and $6 off for a case of 6. I think they will give you a few dollars off when you sign up for their email alerts.

http://shop.illy.com/online/store/ProductList?catalogId=10610&facet=ads_f19_ntk_cs%3A%28%22Moka%22%29&parent_category_rn=&categoryId=60008&langId=-1&recordSetStartNumber=0&storeId=10156&metaData=

Since I can't truly enjoy other coffee, this works well for me.

Thanks. Still kind of expensive, but if you've gotta have it, then you've gotta have it.
smile.gif

I just found Kimbo espresso napoletano for just a little over $6 a can, which is more or less what I've been paying for Alessi. Planning to order some.

Was dialing in the grind for my mr coffee espresso maker.

This is medium dark beans roasted mid october.

2015-11-06%2021.01.59.jpg

Sooo delicious tried it black(photo). and another with 1-2oz of 2% milk in and .5-1 oz of sweet cream
Those quantities are guesses.
unfortunately I had to dump most of them as its too late for me to have that much caffeine

I'm a believer in this 60$ mr coffee espresso machine. For my use it would be hard to beat it for under 200-300$
Thanks QP (who recommended it to me)

I'm drinking whatever Rand sent me in the mail, which were I believe some of his home roasted beans. I ground some of them up today and have had a couple of pots, it is very nice
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
This might be the best value I've ever had in a coffee:

I'd classify the flavor as very good. Beans were fresh. Not roasted as lightly as some other coffees I've had that were labeled "light roast." That is not a particularly bad thing; often times, in an attempt to produce a "light roast coffee," a roaster will screw it up and the product will be acidic and harsh. Not so here. This is just a good, solid, every-day drinkable coffee.

$3.99/12-oz bag @ Aldi.

EVERYONE needs to try this. ONLY $3.99 for 12. Oz. at Aldi and you won't hardly find a better cup of coffee.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Oh, it's instant coffee.

It is but by name only. Tastes better than anything coffee I have ever tasted, and I have tasted a lot.

I was at W*M last night, and picked up a can of "Eight O' Clock House Blend". I'd never seen this before.

It is in the large 30.5 ounce can (not a bag), and I paid $7.84 for it.

I suspect that Hills Bros. is the manufacturer, and that they simply licensed the right to use the name from Tata. It has the same red plastic lid as Hills, the same foil vacuum seal, and the inkjet marking on the bottom of the cans were the same.

It is much better than I expected, considering the price. I know that Hills Bros. has a loyal following, I've just never tried any of their coffee before.

I saw some Illy stuff at HEB but can't remember what it was. Maybe some kind've bottled cappuccino stuff like Starbuck's Frappuchino?

I am going to try Illy whole bean coffee for the first time. It is an espresso roast that I got on sale at World Market for $12 / 8.8 ounce can.
image%201_zpsc3yajs04.jpeg

Originally Posted By: 3for3
I am going to try Illy whole bean coffee for the first time. It is an espresso roast that I got on sale at World Market for $12 / 8.8 ounce can.

Do you have an espresso machine ? If you do, post your thought about how Illy taste compares with other brands.

$12 for 8.8 oz is about 2.5-3.0 times Lavazza.

[/quote]
Do you have an espresso machine ? If you do, post your thought about how Illy taste compares with other brands.

$12 for 8.8 oz is about 2.5-3.0 times Lavazza. [/quote]

I do not have an espresso machine unfortunately. Maybe next Christmas lol.

I use a coffee press all the time. In the past I have tried Peets espresso beans, and Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf espresso beans. I normally like peaberry or Kenya variants, but occasionally I crave espresso beans ground up and french pressed, too.

So, I finished a cup of the Illy espresso french pressed and lightly sweetened to my usual taste. I used the usual amount of grinds as always. I did not like it all that much. Really quit disappointed actually for the price.

I made some more, this time using more espresso grounds hoping for a better robust flavor. Still, not impressed with the Illy espresso beans.

Using the same amount of coffee grinds as the other two espresso brands mentioned, I find Illy to be lacking flavor. I am surprised by my finding with Illy fresh whole beans, because their ready-made drinks in a bottle I tried recently was decent and better compared to Starbucks similar product.

Thanks for posting your opinion about Illy. I keep hearing that it is much better Lavazza, I always like to try it but at $12-$15 a half pound can is too much for me, without knowing how good it is.

I think Lavazza at around $5 half pound is a good value.

Back