Ducati 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 new Scramblers, with a 3rd Promised for Miami in December.

Sixty2, ~400cc
Flat track Pro

2 new Multi Strada

Pikes Peak
Enduro

Displacement increase for Hyper series and small Panigale

XDiavel

Last edited:
Sixty2

scrambler_orange_3.jpeg

Flat Track Pro

scrambler_flat_track_pro_1.jpg

Pikes Peak

multistrada_1200_pikes_peak_4.jpg

Enduro

multistrada_1200_enduro_6.jpg

XDiavel

xdiavel_s_11.jpg

xdiavel_s_10.jpg

959 North American Spec. (Euro4 has stacked exhaust)

1-01_959_panigale_non-euro4.jpg

939 Hypermotard SP

hypermotard_939_sp_1.jpg

939 Hypermotard

hypermotard_939_2.jpg

939 Hyperstrada

hyperstrada_939_2.jpg

Interestingly - the XDiavel has a belt drive and was said to have "no hoses" though it is water-cooled. It has Forward controls and and a 40 degree lean angle (vs 41 for the standard Diavel). The pictures are of an "S" model.

The engine in retuned to provide a flatter torque curve and peak torque at lower RPM.

It comes with a passenger seat.

The Hyper Series gains 10% torque, the 959 - 8%.

They also showed a more dirt oriented Enduro but I'm not clear if these are actually different models or simply accessory "packs".

All reeeeeet!!! another belt drive... chains are a pain...

I think belts are the future because they offer a number of benefits
over chains...

Belts are a straight 2% HP loss but never take more as miles pile up
whereas a chain starts at the same 2% efficiency but as miles are
piled on they take more HP...

Belts afford lower unsprung weight...

Belts last about 2 times longer than chain...

Belts don't need lube...

Belts are positive drives and don't have annoying chain snatch...

xdiavel_s_11.jpg

Last edited:
I test rode a 2015 Multistrada S on a factory demo Ride, and was really disappointed. Massive hole in the midrange, and it felt heavier than it's claimed wet weight.

I wonder if they have fixed the fueling for '16?

They seem to think the XDiavel = Cruiser... I'm not certain anyone else will agree.

Got to admit I was checking out a bit by the end of the Video, but I think Claudio said "Belt = Cruiser".

02SE, Did you try different rider modes?

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

I did, and mentioned it to the Ducati Reps. I wasn't the only rider that noticed.

Reading some reviews, it appears to be a common complaint with the '15, even after Ducati has apparently come out with an updated program for the ECU.

Modern Italian design....not a fan.

As for belt drive...I would be on board with them across the board for the most part if you could modify your gearing as easily and as cheaply as you could with a chain. For the lazy bike owner, they are certainly the go to final drive system.

If the worst one has to complain about in life as a bike owner is chain maintenance, you lived a blessed existence. I find it gives me some one on one time with the bike every 300 to 500 miles and it makes me give everything a good look over. I only hate having to clean sling off from my rims.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
I only hate having to clean sling off from my rims.

Try the Motul chain paste... it clings with no sling...

MotulChainPaste3_zpsbe8c4652.jpg

MotulChainPaste4_zpsad4f43ed.jpg

MotulChainPaste5_zps08669024.jpg

MotulChainPaste1_zps9b86300d.jpg

Originally Posted By: 02SE

I did, and mentioned it to the Ducati Reps. I wasn't the only rider that noticed.

Hmm... Sorry I was never able to make one of their demo rides this year, maybe in 16.

For some reason the Hyperstrada seems interesting. As does the Monster Stripe.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
I test rode a 2015 Multistrada S on a factory demo Ride, and was really disappointed. Massive hole in the midrange, and it felt heavier than it's claimed wet weight.

I wonder if they have fixed the fueling for '16?

A new map is out as of last week or so, treated as a full-on recall by Ducati. Rider reports from owners over on ducati.ms forums who've had this most recent update performed are generally positive.

They seem to think the XDiavel = Cruiser... I'm not certain anyone else will agree.

Didn't the Diavel win CW Ten Best Cruiser?

I love the look of Ducatis, but I don't think I'd own one.

The Scrambler sure has the lines of the Ducati Jupiter. it is a classic looking bike . More choices that would make it hard to choose a new bike.

Originally Posted By: whip

Didn't the Diavel win CW Ten Best Cruiser?

Did it? Its just not what I think of as a cruiser, muscle bike, power cruiser I would buy that but "low speed excitement"....

Originally Posted By: Tuffy1760
The xD looks amazing, looks like a nice comfortable ride... dream bike... price?? Colors??

Seems like the standard XDiavel will be "Dark Stealth" and the S "Thrilling Black". They spec very similar except for finishes, gloss black, DLC, machining and such on the S. I'd expect them to start about 20,000.00 we will see I guess. Official prices aren't out yet.

When I visited the Ducati Museum in Italy I tired to convince their engineers to think big
and build the worlds first race bred 600cc V4 and take on the hordes of I4s in World Supersport...

DucatiV4Love_zps98llea1r.jpg

At the very drafting board of Doctor Taglioni
LarryDucatiMuseumDocT_zps7n6lummv.jpg

Doctor Taglioni designer of the Apollo V4...
Heritage_Per_D1950_Taglioni_01_tecnigrafo_634x357_634x357.jpg

Ducati 1964 Apollo V4...
ducatiapollov4.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back