EXXON being investigated for what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Originally Posted By: CT8
To add fuel to the fire , can't help but to love a corrupt government, more info link Oh the ignorant voters.

Yup. payback is a female pup.
Play to play all the way.
Someone did not put the desired amount of Washingtons in the desired depository, so now they get a visit with Ms. Pup.
I'll bet a certain AG gets a political appointment if a certain administration jumps off.
You have a wonderful ability to cut to the chase.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: wemay
If i invested my hard earned coin in ExxonMobil and was lied to, i'd be extremely upset too. Assuming the allegations are true and standing laws broken, i have zero issue with this.

I have invested money in Exxon and still have my investment. I bought right after the Valdez ran aground. Trust me, I have NO ISSUES WITH EXXON. The stock has treated me very very well.

What I do have an issue with is some idiot AG trying to make a claim based on "Global Warming". It cannot be proven. What has happened here is GOVERNMENT is the hazard. They are the ones trying to soak money out of the company. They are the ones who will drive down the stock price and HURT INVESTORS.

However, if they do succeed in harming the stock price enough, I'll be there to buy more shares. The easiest way to make money in the market is to take advantage of stupidity
smile.gif

It should also be noted that recently EXXON decided not to commit any more money to the Clinton Foundation. So what this really looks like to me is powerful political figures (the Clintons) called in a favor to help punish EXXON. It's nothing more than a shakedown. This is unlawful, but we know they will never be questioned about it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: blueglide88

It should also be noted that recently EXXON decided not to commit any more money to the Clinton Foundation. So what this really looks like to me is powerful political figures (the Clintons) called in a favor to help punish EXXON. It's nothing more than a shakedown. This is unlawful, but we know they will never be questioned about it.

Point taken, and as for the quoted point above, this should take priority in any investigation related to this topic.

The NYAG is lining the pockets of his frat buddies from law school, who in turn use the money to buy large automobiles and vacations in far away lands.

Tort law and the "victim me" attitude of the "libratards"; Common sense tells a two year old not to stand in campfire smoke, but adults can't figure out that inhaling smoke is hazardous to their health with out a study.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: blueglide88
Originally Posted By: wemay
If i invested my hard earned coin in ExxonMobil and was lied to, i'd be extremely upset too. Assuming the allegations are true and standing laws broken, i have zero issue with this.

I have invested money in Exxon and still have my investment. I bought right after the Valdez ran aground. Trust me, I have NO ISSUES WITH EXXON. The stock has treated me very very well.

What I do have an issue with is some idiot AG trying to make a claim based on "Global Warming". It cannot be proven. What has happened here is GOVERNMENT is the hazard. They are the ones trying to soak money out of the company. They are the ones who will drive down the stock price and HURT INVESTORS.

However, if they do succeed in harming the stock price enough, I'll be there to buy more shares. The easiest way to make money in the market is to take advantage of stupidity
smile.gif

+1 Last time I looked, EXXONMobile was paying dividends which is something the gubbermint grant grabbing "green" companies don't seem to know how to do. Private investors, of course, are on the democrat hate list....unless they "contribute".

Last edited:
I'm invested in X/M and I watch what they do. They were one of the first oil company's to create a task force to investigate climate change. It did not change the corp strategy until a few years ago.

That's a big ship and you are not going to make it turn quickly. But turn it did. They are now a major owner/player in NG fields and are betting on NG as a source of basic petro products.

For a while the NG investments hit the bottom line, but they have integrated it into their overall business planning and it seems to be working. My dividends are still coming in...

The Gov't wants to know what they knew and when... OK, but it was one side of the company arguing with the other side. Constructive conflict that was boiled down by business planning.

Looks all good to me, and my bet is their lawyers are better than the NYAG ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back