Louder start up cam noise on Delvac 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Are you using a different oil filter from what you've used before? Start-up noise can often be attributed to the oil filter used.

Please use a premium filter with well known anti-drain-back valve. Most of the start-up noise I ever seen comes from 1.) a cheap filter, or a bad one; 2.) using synthetics in motors that sit for long periods where they exhibit "drain-off" due to lower surface tension ...

Delvac 15W-40 is prolly not optimal for your engine, but it generally one of the "quietest" oils around. ...

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Are you using a different oil filter from what you've used before? Start-up noise can often be attributed to the oil filter used.

Please use a premium filter with well known anti-drain-back valve. Most of the start-up noise I ever seen comes from 1.) a cheap filter, or a bad one; 2.) using synthetics in motors that sit for long periods where they exhibit "drain-off" due to lower surface tension ...

Delvac 15W-40 is prolly not optimal for your engine, but it generally one of the "quietest" oils around. ...
I am using 5w-40 Delvac 1, filter is also genuine VW but they are the paper element type that goes in a filter housing so no anti drain back valve in the filter itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back