Which do you like more: spinach or kale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon and thinking about this as I had a lovely garden salad with baby kale, spinach, beets, some jalapeño peppers and a Vidalia onion with few beers and oil and vinegar. I always loved spinach. Which do you ladies and gentlemen like?

Spinach in a salad is good. I even like it in a dip.
If it is cooked, I want to be as far away from it as I can.

Originally Posted By: car51
and a Vidalia onion with few beers and oil and vinegar.

huh? A few beers with your salad sounds good. Just read funny.

Ahh how about neither
smile.gif

Spinach in a salad is all right. But cooked is only fit for those at Guantanamo Bay in my opinion.

I always like spinach. Then I found out how hard it was to digest. Much of the calcium in it is not usable due to binding with oxylates. Switched to kale. It's loaded with more usable antioxidants. It's not that easy to get used to eating though. Popeye never told us about oxylates.

I like both depending on how they're cooked. I think kale that is either cooked in EVOO w/vinegar or steam fried with water is very good. Adding the spices of your choice to either is what makes it.

Kale is near the top food on the micronutrient scale ( along with things like collard/mustard greens, bok choy, and chard ) so I try to include those where I can.

I plan on making stuffed kale rolls some time soon. Similar to cabbage rolls, but made with kale. If anybody is interested, I'll take some pictures. Or maybe I'll post pictures even if nobody wants to see them.

Originally Posted By: BRZED
I plan on making stuffed kale rolls some time soon. Similar to cabbage rolls, but made with kale. If anybody is interested, I'll take some pictures. Or maybe I'll post pictures even if nobody wants to see them.

for a different taste also try grape leaves. you want the medium ones not baby (too fragile) not too adult (too hard/leathery)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back