Infiniti Red Bull Drops Renault

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Ferrari idea is interesting. Some might be nervous about Ferrari having so much involvement, but more options are a good thing. I guess we have to see what pans out.

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
I thought I saw someone mention a while back that maybe we shouldn't just drop in URL's like the above. Is that a "rule" and, if so, what does one do to point toward somewhere else?

I think it's okay, assuming you're not linking to another non-BITOG forum, a non-sponsor product, or something NSFW. I often use the link button which converts the link to a word. Your way is fine; I only get peeved if the link is huge and the forum width goes all weird. I used the word replace thing; one can hover the pointer and make sure I'm not trying to send them to oblivion. My real concern is that people are going to run out of free Autosport views if I post too many. I have a subscription, so I have to be cautious not to give a premium link, which just won't work for people.

Brad: As for Youtube, that's because of the swearing that's common in Youtube commenting. If there were a way to link to a Youtube video (rather than embed) while making the comments section disappear, that would be fantastic. I have no problem with Youtube links, personally. They're against the rules, but swearing won't offend me. The content is more likely to aggravate me than the comments.
wink.gif
But, that's the rule, so I follow it. Switch to Linux and use it for browsing forums.
whistle.gif
Yes, that's my answer to everything.

As for Ferrari running scared, I think Red Bull has everyone running scared when things go right. They have the money and expertise.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Switch to Linux and use it for browsing forums.
whistle.gif
Yes, that's my answer to everything.

Mine too. Been using it on the desktop since 1996, but I *don't* have the flash plugin installed. I uninstalled it a year or two ago and it's only a couple of annoying forums that require it these days. I've found it cuts out a significant proportion of annoying adverts and I really don't miss it at all.

I've just noticed the youtube links *do* work on my iPad (which is flash free) so I'll have to figure out why Mozilla on Linux sans flash can't make that work.

Fun times ahead for Red Bull. Roll on Friday.

Does your iPad use something that emulates Flash? I thought it was Flash for Youtube, myself.

In any event, Friday should be fun. I, too, will be seeing what the new Renault engine can do.

I think Ricciardos comment post qualifying that "it hasn't given us anything we wanted" and the fact it's measurably slower on the straights than the donk in his team mates car is pretty telling. Shame, but not surprising.

Now, it's going to be branded as a Tag-Heuer power unit, as per this story. The Infiniti title sponsorship is officially gone, and an article at Autosport indicated the new engine deal made it clear there will be no marketing opportunities for Renault-Nissan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back