Toyota Engine Oil System Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah likely same as others, can't find the msds yet. Interested to see if it contains PEA or other amines along with the usual mix.

ouch_zpskdfiutxw.jpg
So much for solvent flushes being bad for the engine and slow and easy does it, this is OE Toyota approved and they even supply it!
Thanks for posting this, you just took out a BFH and hit a few people in the head with it.
Lets see if the engineers still know whats best for your engine. LOL \

Well, Trav, you know, if the dealers can get in on the flush and additive games, the OEMs don't want to be left out, either. One Ford dealer here had BG stuff all over the place, plus non-API RP (before the current SN stuff came out). The Infinity dealer pushes the BG MOA. At least the OEMs can make some money out of it if they brand it themselves.

Originally Posted By: Trav
ouch_zpskdfiutxw.jpg
So much for solvent flushes being bad for the engine and slow and easy does it, this is OE Toyota approved and they even supply it!
Thanks for posting this, you just took out a BFH and hit a few people in the head with it.
Lets see if the engineers still know whats best for your engine. LOL \

LOL. While I think it might generate some profits, I really believe they are selling it address a problem that normal maintenance is not taking care of in all situations. In other words following the OM might not be working for everyone the way they'd hope and they needed a fix in a can to help out. I bet the stuff works too.

Sure, the Ford dealers here push BG product also but this is different this has a Toyota label and instructions to use it every 36K mi.
This is well within the warranty period so it would seem they are willing to accept the use of this product without voiding the warranty.

well, we know that some yota engines develop oil consumption (oil control ringland deposits) despite maintenance by the book (i happened to me too). so the answer is yes, in some cases.

From reading Toyota started using some grade of Viton valve guide and other seals in mid 2000s in their engines, possibly to allow for aggressive engine cleaners.

Dealership head tech should have an answer as to how far back this product is compatible in a Toyota, local dealership front end guys have been good about letting me talk to him about other maintenance questions.

I don't plan on using this stuff in the old GM farm truck.

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
So, in the end.... I wonder if an engine fed top teir gas , synthetic oil every 5k and other fluid topped off...would ever "need" this?

It might, other things factor in. Like how those 5K miles accumulate, and the engine design itself. There are other factors too.

I did some math today since I started looking at the hour meter our Liberty has. It is not uncommon for people who live in areas like the NY metro area to average 20 mph or even less on their commute to and from work. So to keep it simple lets say the communte is 20 miles each way and the average speed is 20 mph. That engine would be running 250 hours during a 5,000 mile OCI. Take someone living in a rural area who can average 40 mph on their 20 mile communte. Their engine would be running half the time for that same 5K OCI. Use that math and stretch out the interval a bit more and you can easily see how blanket statements might not always work.

Originally Posted By: Dale_Knight
From reading Toyota started using some grade of Viton valve guide and other seals in mid 2000s in their engines, possibly to allow for aggressive engine cleaners.

Dealership head tech should have an answer as to how far back this product is compatible in a Toyota, local dealership front end guys have been good about letting me talk to him about other maintenance questions.

I don't plan on using this stuff in the old GM farm truck.

http://mykin.com/rubber-chemical-resistance-chart

BG makes decent stuff but there is a huge profit margin not only for the dealership but the mechanic as well.
Notice the plastic token in the bottom of the cans? The mechanic gets spiffs for these.

Originally Posted By: CT8
It is probably cheaper in the long run to do frequent oil changes .

Rebranded Rislone Engine Treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back