Uconnect Bluetooth won't stay connected

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 15 dart won't stay connected. It will start to play music then it'll disconnect and go back to fm radio. I've tried to delete devices and re add and nothing fixes it. I have the iPhone 6s and wife has the Galaxy s5 has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas if I have to I'll take it in but obviously if I have to I will. Thanks everyone.

Does it do it with both phones?
Does it only do it with both phones in the car at the same time?

If the second one is true, maybe having Bluetooth on on both phones is making it compete with each other.

It'll do it on both phone and doesn't matter if they're both in the car or not.

Do you have the phones' cords plugged into the car's USB ports?

We rented a 2012 ford explorer a few years ago.
Phone would play a few seconds, then stop.
Once we disconnected the cord, it worked fine.

I'll second the USB port question that was previously mentioned.

Also, do you have other devices that are competing for a Bluetooth connection with your phone? Wearable fitness trackers? Smart Watches, etc?

I have two vehicles with Uconnect and the only issue I have is the phone not connecting at vehicle start up. I believe this is cause by my Fitbit which frequently syncs with my LG. my wife has an IPhone and I don't believe she's had any problems with hers.

Originally Posted By: KzMitch
Do you have the phones' cords plugged into the car's USB ports?

We rented a 2012 ford explorer a few years ago.
Phone would play a few seconds, then stop.
Once we disconnected the cord, it worked fine.

I often have my phone plugged in to the charger and it's plugged into the cigar lighter.

Also to the above comment it's a wonderful car and i love it. Bluetooth is a finicky thing as it is. If it's something I need the dealer for I'm confident it'll be resolved. And it very well could be phone compatibility to idk.

No problems with my Jeep and LG G3.

Do you have the 8.4" screen or one of the smaller systems?

Here is a link for you to check phone/Uconnect compatibility. They probably are compatible but it couldn't hurt to make sure your model phone and current OS fully jives with your Uconnect.

Uconnect

If you're having the same issue with multiple phones then I'd say it's time for a trip to the dealer. You might have a defective BT module.

Check to make sure you have the latest UConnect software. I check mine semi-regularly on the UConnect site as I like to have the latest security updates.

http://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/

I have a Nexus 5 and it pairs perfectly every time, even when I'm using both the bluetooth and the USB port for charging. I have the 8.4 system with the latest software.

Well my phone isn't on that list I have the iPhone 6s with sprint they have the 6plus and 6 on there but not the 6s and the Galaxy s5 is compatible to update 4.4 and she has 5.0..... I can't imagine it being the phones I mean they are both common devices but maybe........

Well doing some playing around it doesn't drop phone calls over bt only audio. Also text messaging isn't supported
smirk.gif
I wonder if it is just the phones not being 100% compatible

I think you answered yourself when you said:

"Well my phone isn't on that list I have the iPhone 6s with sprint they have the 6plus and 6 on there but not the 6s and the Galaxy s5 is compatible to update 4.4 and she has 5.0..... I can't imagine it being the phones I mean they are both common devices but maybe........"

Well sadly I think I may have to. I just can't imagine why 2 popular devices aren't compatible.....id get it if I had a black berry from 2006 but wow a new iPhone. Sad!!

Looking on their list nothing with iOS 9 or 9.1 is tested compatible neither is any android above 4.4.4

I'm sure there will be an update to the compatible devices. I imagine that when the software for the car was written, those devices and their respective operating systems weren't out, or at least not long enough to be written in and thoroughly tested.

You might just want to take the car in and have the OS updated. I had to do it with a 2011 Ford F-150 that I had. But I understand it's a totally different system. Still, it could just need an update.

Having said that, I don't use Bluetooth at all in my vehicle. I put my music on a Zip drive and stick it in the USB port.

I use Spotify the version you pay 10 a month for I wonder if I could put that music on a stick. I normally just use Bluetooth but now I've been plugging my phone into the USB port and playing music that way.
Also it's been checked for updates there isn't one for it currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back