Is this an early April Fools gag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!
crazy2.gif

"Same owner for many years and has been sitting."

At least they are advertising it truthfully....

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
That's just the asking price.

I'm sure it'll all buff out.

Yeah no doubt, just need a few 00 discs...

If it was a pre war Bugatti you could ad some zeros to that asking price.

classic-showcase-top-54_600x0w.jpg

I believe the lake car sold for around $400kish.

Last edited:
80's and 90's cars are starting to get collectible.

Air cooled Porsches and Countach's are my generations Hemi Cuda's, look out for price increases!

60's muscle cars are going to lose value as the boomer generation ages the way the pre war cars did.

IMHO the best buys right now are the 355 which is at the bottom of its depreciation curve, and the Diablo. Low production 90's stars in many video games. I also think R129 SL's are stupid cheap right now. I would also think a 100% original un molested 5.0 foxbody Mustang would be a solid buy. They made a ton of them but they are all getting hacked up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
How about this one, a 1976 Porsche 930 Turbo with 20k miles:

http://inventory.mgmsl.com/web/used/Porsche-930-Turbo-1976-Warrensville-Heights-Ohio/23419115/

This one has a price of $300k, 1994 911 3.6 Turbo:

http://inventory.mgmsl.com/web/used/Porsche-911-3.6-Turbo-1994-Warrensville-Heights-Ohio/25351407/

The price for a 930 has shot through the roof in the past few years. A friend of mine bought a nice '79 back awhile ago for around $30,000. Now they are selling for insane prices.

The seller is on drugs.
This car might as well be listed as having only been rolled once.
This car is not even potentially restorable and would not be much use as a parts car. It's not even a 911, with a potentially valuable engine. OTOH, the '77 SL linked to from the same page seems like it might be a worthwhile car for $4.5K.
I looked for a decent 912 before buying the 318i.
I found one very decent car for sale in Cincinnati that sold very quickly for a very reasonable price. This was an earlier 912, like the wreck you've linked to, with an actual Porsche 4 cyl.
I also searched for 'seventies 912E VW Type IV engined cars and couldn't find any that hadn't been heavily molested.
The Porsche mystique hasn't faded.
Even the once hated VW engined 914 is now fairly costly.
The 928 remains pretty cheap, although maintenance and repair wouldn't be.

At least the ad makes note that if not used for parts it would require an extensive rebuild. Otherwise some poor slob would buy the car thinking he could toss some bondo at it, fill her with gas, wax it up and have himself a good daily driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back