Fram XG3600 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fram XG3600 from a 2002 Focus Ztec. This filter was used for 8000 miles with QSUD 5w-20.

2015-10-23%2010.24.06.jpg

2015-10-23%2010.25.28.jpg

Sorry I didn't notice how blurry these are on my phone. I can take new ones if someone really wants to see it, but there really is nothing special to see. It is a really well made filter. I just posted these to show the seam and how straight the pleats are.

2015-10-23%2010.25.08.jpg

2015-10-23%2010.25.23.jpg

Looks new after 8000 miles. why people choose a wix over a ultra is beyond my comprehension.

How many months on this filter?

I have an X3600 sitting on my workbench ready to be cut but my HF filter cutter decided to take a dump

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Looks new after 8000 miles. why people choose a wix over a ultra is beyond my comprehension.

How many months on this filter?

I have an X3600 sitting on my workbench ready to be cut but my HF filter cutter decided to take a dump

10 months.

why people choose a wix over a ultra is beyond my comprehension.

Because an Ultra costs me $9.00 at Walmart, and $10.29 at AAP. Wix/NAPA Gold cost me $6.00 at NAPA. I change my filter every time, so Ultra is just wasting money, and Wix makes high quality filters too.

Such a great looking filter. Well constructed. I have started using them. Thanks for the pic. And also, a nice clean job you did on that thing.

Looks great!

Is there a longer version of this filter? I use it on a Tacoma as an oversized filter but for my CX-9 the 3600 is the OEM size. Wondering if there's an oversized I could use in that application.

I switched to these a couple oil changes ago for my Jeep JK. The 3600 is the oversize for it. I'm not sure there's a better filter on the market. That thing looks great! I'm also running the appropriate XG in my Ford Transit, with OCI's at about 10K.

Last edited:
Absolutely gorgeous! Nice presentation in the photos; great attention to detail.

Next time get that green jug out of the background....
beer3.gif

Originally Posted By: BigD1
why people choose a wix over a ultra is beyond my comprehension.
Because an Ultra costs me $9.00 at Walmart, and $10.29 at AAP. Wix/NAPA Gold cost me $6.00 at NAPA. I change my filter every time, so Ultra is just wasting money, and Wix makes high quality filters too.
Are you using a code at AAP? I use them all the time and never pay more than $7.50 out the door. For $1.50 difference over the WIX (assuming you are going to use the XG for at least 10K), it is a simple choice.

More and more pictures of Fram Ultra shows it's the best spin-on filter for any price.

I will do oil and filter for my daughter 2014 Accord next year, I'm very confidence that it can be used for at least 2 OCI's of around 8-10k each for a total up to 20k.

The question is if I use M1 EP 0W20 can I leave both in for 2 OCI's ? I mean just reset when the first OLM went on then change oil&filter on second.

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
Looks great!

Is there a longer version of this filter? I use it on a Tacoma as an oversized filter but for my CX-9 the 3600 is the OEM size. Wondering if there's an oversized I could use in that application.

The XG3600 is the oversize filter for the Tacoma. Regular sized filter is the XG3614. The 3600 is pretty big, no need to go any larger than that IMO.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
Looks great!

The XG3600 is the oversize filter for the Tacoma. Regular sized filter is the XG3614. The 3600 is pretty big, no need to go any larger than that IMO.

Thanks for the response. On the Mazda CX-9 as well? That's what I was curious about finding an oversized filter for. The 3600 is OEM size for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back