Mobil 1 Extended Performance 0W-20 VS Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone use Mobil 1 any more? EP has better base oil and more additive. They are the same price, What do you think?

New Toyota calls for 0w-20 so I bought a Qt. of M1 Advanced Fuel Economy just to have in case I needed to add oil.

I didn't notice EP on the shelf. If the new car is like priors, I won't need to add any during my ownership.

Love to hear how M1 EP is "better". Let's ask a well respected member; TIG1. He uses M1 AFE 0w20 in 2 fords without issue.

Originally Posted By: car51
Love to hear how M1 EP is "better". Let's ask a well respected member; TIG1. He uses M1 AFE 0w20 in 2 fords without issue.
Ask me. I ran both of them in my old FX4. I was not "overly" impressed with M1EP versus AFE. It is not to say that M1EP is not good oil, it is, I just did not see a stark difference between the two at 17,500 miles.

Or ask me-my xB sheared 0W30 AFE well down into a 20 weight in only 7,000 miles, but the 5W30 EP stayed in grade easily at 10K, & could have gone further. The UOAs are on here. If they do it again, Pep Boys will have M1 quarts for $5 on Black Friday, & I've gotten WM to price match EP for that price. Or get it when there's a $12/5 quart jug rebate.

Bullwinkle and 2015_PSD: I apologize and thanks for your info and advice folks
smile.gif

Sometimes Wally has a roll back where the Mobil 1 EP and standard are the same. Traded a jug of 0w-30 AFE I got from AZ clearance last Dec. for 0w-20 EP at Wally which was the same roll back price as the EP Mobil 1s.

I got maybe 36 qts. of 0w20 EP for $1 per qt during last year's AutoZone clearance. Keep your eyes open during the next 6 weeks or so.

I have been using M1 0-20AFE for several years with outstanding results, at 10K OCIs. Both engines remain very clean, run smoothly, and show no sign of engine wear.

Mobil 1 EP just has a slightly stronger additive package for antiwear and TBN retention. It has the same base stock as regular M1 and AFE.

Last edited:
First M1 I've bought in many years was about a month ago, as Canadian Tire had a good sale. Otherwise, top tier synthetics at regular retail prices here are stupidly unfordable. Amsoil SS including shipping is cheaper here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back