Creamy squash and roast chicken soup

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the wife on an extended business trip, I have lately been lazy and eating out more than I usually do and than I should, With the weather being what it is and hitting freezing tmeperatures at night, I do enjoy a nice hot soup. TZonight I made a squash and roast chicken soup.

Small diced roasted chicken with the crispy skin, shopped onion, a minced clove of garlic, sautéed ijn butter until nicely colored.

A few grey squashs, cleaned, sliced and puréed in a blender, added some chicken broth, parsely, lemon juice, black pepper, should have used white but I am not a food snob, Cayenne pepper, and finally some butter and sour cream. Cooked it a few minutes then added chicklen, onion and garlic mix. Ladled into a fireproof cup and sprinkled with cheese. Used a butane torch to melt and brown the cheese.

Had the soup with a grilled cheese-and-tomato sandwich. Very good this cold evening. Since PawPaw has left, I can finally find some food left for myself around here!

11kfc4k.jpg

It looks better in person than in the picture where it looks lumpy and sort of digested.
eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back