So, why don't you guys like Lucas UCL in the tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, the engine oil lubricates the Upper Cylinder and secondly, none of their products have shown any reason for using them, as they tend to be undertreated.

A 4stroke engine lubricates itself without the need for oil in the fuel tank, plus Lucas costs more than fuel and doesn't clean as well as PEA.

Ive often wondered if a small amount of oil added to fuel could improve ring sealing and compression in the way that a wet compression test does but never tested or verified it, although I suspect this is the primary reason why people report better mpgs and smoothness when using oil..

Most fuel and oil additives at best do nothing and at worst cause damage. Reason that auto makers DON'T recommend you using them.

What these products do very well is separate consumers from their money.

A little Lucas fuel treatment keeps the floats on my bike's Bing carbs from sticking, thus avoiding the dreaded "Bingfoot". It's the only use I can justify for the stuff. Makes the petcock work smoothly as well and coats the inside of the tank for storage.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
First of all, the engine oil lubricates the Upper Cylinder and secondly, none of their products have shown any reason for using them, as they tend to be undertreated.

+1

Originally Posted By: cat843
No Lucas anything.

what about lucas slick mist spray wax?
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Yeah, first explain what it is in the UC that isn't getting L and then I'll answer your question.

The same volume of two smoke oil would likely do as good a job, and burn cleaner. Just sayin'.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
A little Lucas fuel treatment keeps the floats on my bike's Bing carbs from sticking, thus avoiding the dreaded "Bingfoot". It's the only use I can justify for the stuff. Makes the petcock work smoothly as well and coats the inside of the tank for storage.
i put tcw3 in my bike. Its got 4 finicky hitachi carbs.

No reason for hate.
Only a reason for trial.
Lucas gas treatment does seem to provide better fuel economy, by an amount insufficient to justify its cost in the cars I've tried it in and it does contain PEA.
It isn't garbage, it won't hurt your car and you may find it worth using.
Buy some on a deal at less than a buck a dose and see what happens.
Won't hurt, might help.

My CEL goes away when I have Lucas in the tank, so I know that it does something, just not sure what...
27.gif

Lucas fuel treatment works great.

Improved MPG. Quieted a noisy fuel pump. And, didn't ever notice any crud buildup downstream from the injectors(intake ports, valves...). Carbs stayed nice and clean

PIB(A) additives are common fuel additive among certain brands. Oronite and BASF make some good ones. Years ago, there were a few PIB vs PEA papers. PEA didn't come out on top.

Polyisobutenes are used to assist fuel atomization.

PEA are used as combustion chamber deposit cleaners.

Two different chemicals, two different actions.

Quote:
Quieted a noisy fuel pump.
Quote:
[/quote]
First, how do hear a noisy fuel pump and secondly, fuel pump bearings are sealed units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back