w116 300sd Mercedes Radiator Hoses

Status
Not open for further replies.
1979 300sd

Replacing the radiator hoses on my 300sd.

Any recommendation on which type of hoses are best fit and best quality?

Advice greatly appreciated

OEM? I have many original hoses on my '88 BMW. Once I needed a lower radiator and Auto Zone listed it. It worked, sorta. I had to trim it at both ends to make it fit.

OEM. All my w123s have at least some original hoses. The only one in my stable that is not currently original is the 300CD which I had to replace the overflow pressure tank to the radiator connection.

They are good quality, sized and bent properly to minimize stresses, and last.

Originally Posted By: andyd
OEM? I have many original hoses on my '88 BMW. Once I needed a lower radiator and Auto Zone listed it. It worked, sorta. I had to trim it at both ends to make it fit.

This is not necessarily a defect. They go off the angle(s) in the middle and if it fits more than one app they go long and let you trim, to reduce part numbers.

Though it's hackery on a nice car that came with decent rubber parts from the factory.

Checked prices with the Mercedes Benz Classic Center in Irvine and they were not bad.

Had to order a few more things thru the Classic Center anyway, so I took the opportunity to also order the hoses. They also will be shipped and get to my house faster than the other online websites. Really need to get the parts so that I can work on the car over the weekend.

I like Continental Belts. Did not know that Continental Hoses were available out here. Good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back