Mobil 1 Formula M 5-40 for a Cruze Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: stchman
Originally Posted By: Oregoonian
Your OK......

No he is NOT. Wrong viscosity.

From everything I have read, you are supposed to use a 5W-30 dexos2 compliant engine oil.

Castrol Edge C3 is available in 5W-30 dexos2. I would not just "pick an oil" for a turbo diesel, go with what the manufacturer recommends.

http://www.centerforqa.com/dexos-brand2/
What are the viscosities recommended in other parts of the world for the Fiat engine?

5w-30 or 0w-30 ACEA C2 but with a noack under 10%..

Originally Posted By: edyvw
Use Mobil1 5W30 ESP.

That oil does not meet the dexos2 spec.

You can use an ACEA C3 oil as a substitute. Its in the owners manual. Mobil 5w30 ESP meets ACEA C3, so it would be permissible by GM to use.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: edyvw
Use Mobil1 5W30 ESP.

That oil does not meet the dexos2 spec.

What are Dexos2 properties and how they compare to C3 and MB229.51?
That is engine that is in use in Opel cars in Europe and they all run on C3 oils.
Dexos2 is fine, but it is nowhere close in requirements to MB229.51.
So, my point is you can use Dexos2 oil, but you will be far better with oil that also meets MB229.51.

The Castrol Edge 5w-30 C3 up here I pointed out in the other thread meets all three.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
The Castrol Edge 5w-30 C3 up here I pointed out in the other thread meets all three.
wink.gif

How available a product is more of the issue. From what I have seen, I don't see anyone around my place that carries a dexos2 approved oil. The only place you will get it is the dealer. You will have better luck with an ACEA C3 oil, but pretty much you have to look for it and take what they have. The internet is the best place to shop for a dexos2 oil if you want a good price and a good choice. And I would suggest have extra on hand for top offs and on long trips, take it along with you.

That's exactly it. Wakefield doesn't let opportunity pass them by in Canada, and if they have a product available in the Canadian market, you're going to be able to find it on a shelf somewhere here, without a ridiculous amount of effort. Heck, even the smallest independent parts stores sell GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back