Muddying the waters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Ze Germans trying to get some of the flak redirected to other brands? So far no other brands were found to use cheat software, but that doesn't mean the pollution standardsare met either...

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015...s-ford#comments

Diesel car brands being investigated by KBA

BMW: 3 Series, 5 Series
Mini Daimler Mercedes: C-Class, CLS, Sprinter, V-Class, Daimler Smart Fortwo
Fiat Chrysler: Alfa Romeo Guilietta, Panda, Ducato, Jeep Cherokee
Ford: Focus, C-Max
Geely: Volvo V60
GM Opel: Astra, Insignia, Zafira
GM: Chevrolet Cruze
Honda: Honda HR-V
Hyundai: iX35, i20
Jaguar Land Rover: Land Rover Evoque
Mazda: Mazda 6
Mitsubishi: ASX
Nissan: Navara
Peugeot: Peugeot 308
Renault: Dacia, Kadjar
Toyota: Auris
VW: Golf, Beetle, Passat, Touran, Touareg, Golf Sportsvan, Polo, Crafter, Amarok; Audi A6, A3; Porsche Macan

Waiting for them to go after gasoline cars next. They already identified some VW 1.4 gasoline turbos with potential emissions issues...

Why not check the others? I have no empathy towards VW in their scandal, but if the standard is so difficult to achieve the potential of others cheating is real.

VW doesn't get, on average dumber or smarter Engineers than other OEM's so the spec must be either too hard to be met, or impossible to be met without the EXTRA COST of urea injection with the constraints of current technology.

Last edited:
I think that VW is the only diesel manufacturer that tried to meet the regs by not using urea injection -- that could explain why they were the only ones using cheat software.

Originally Posted By: opus1
I think that VW is the only diesel manufacturer that tried to meet the regs by not using urea injection -- that could explain why they were the only ones using cheat software.

BINGO!!!

Investigating is not finding, is it? I would think they should investigate others. Somehow I doubt others did something like VW, that was special, deception and law breaking on purpose and planned.

I think the German government is investigating the others to find someone to share the blame...

"oh look, Xxxx isn't meeting the standard either and isn't German, we're not the only naughty ones". Economical agenda...

Originally Posted By: redbone3
Originally Posted By: opus1

BINGO!!!

Yes and no. Remember the 2012 Passat diesel had urea injection, but it cheated. The AdBlue lasts a long time because they don't squirt much in normal service!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back