FL-400S @ 7253 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrQuackers

Site Donor 2024
Was installed on an SL2. Oil used was mainly PP 5w-20 and Valvoline green bottle MaxLife HM 10w-40.
Can anyone figure out the date code?
14lkk83.jpg

The Motorcraft filters are a great value for ~$4!
2hrd4z6.jpg

10xc7xd.jpg

nycubp.jpg

ADBV in excellent shape of course.
25i9nd4.jpg

Oops...The oil used during OCI was predominantly a mix of PP 5w-20 & 5w-30 throughout the interval. Not VNGMLHM, that was the previous interval. I believe during this interval the vehicle used a quart every ~1.2k miles.

Motorcraft's oil filters that have the 's' at the end of the model number (indicates silicone ADBV) have always been excellent quality for the price. This is no exception.

My FL400s didnt look this good with only 2.5k. Looked more like a used and abused Classic.

Right now I am having great luck with the extra guard, but I might have to give the FL400s a try again.

^Yes, I was amazed at how the filter looked after over 7k miles!
It looks like a new filter soaked in oil. The PH filters I have used for over 5k miles also looked just fine as well but not the work of art that are Motorcraft.

I made the decision last week to switch to these for our 7.5k OCIs on a Lexus V6 as an oversize-application (spec is equivalent to an FL-910S). This is good to see and thanks for posting it.

It would be interesting to see the pic of the ADBV again, though focus more on the right side and upper 2/3'rds of the image?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Oro_O
It would be interesting to see the pic of the ADBV again, though focus more on the right side and upper 2/3'rds of the image?
wink.gif

LoL ... I was thinking the same thing.

My wife and I are actually driving through Portland tomorrow night. Do you have her contact info?
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back