Original moon landing 1969

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
I would think with a powerful enough telescope that the left behind moon buggy, etc on the surface of the moon could be seen.

We left a retroreflector up there and can tag it with a laser.

They did that on The Big Bang Theory.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
From what I heard from other conspiracy theorists, the 1st landing "may have been" fake because of the deadline / technical glitch / etc. They are however convinced that the later landings are real.

I'm positive that they landed on the moon, and positive that some of the photos were faked.

Problem is that the Conspiracy Theorists take one fake photo as proof that the whole lot was staged, and the opposition use the fact that they went there to deny that there are any faked photographs.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Both sides of the Moon Race had to bow to von Braun and his team of 120+ German engineers in Alabama.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: Mystic
And if the Moon landings were faked, we need to know the truth about that also.

I find it preposterous that you are even remotely thinking along this line. And just as preposterous that I am addressing it.

+1

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Both sides of the Moon Race had to bow to von Braun and his team of 120+ German engineers in Alabama.

The Russian's Chief Designer, Sergei Korolev, gave the space race a good run in the early '60s. When he died in January 1966, the race was a forfeit. His story is interesting, and harsh. The equipment the Russians use today roots back to many of his designs.

But I have no problem with those landings being proven beyond any question.

There's one major flaw with that. The average person has a much lower (and more reasonable) burden of proof with respect to that. The conspiracy theorists, and many have actually said it, would never accept any proof that the landings happened. When some say that it is impossible to convince them that man went to the moon, why even start trying?

Originally Posted By: Garak
When some say that it is impossible to convince them that man went to the moon, why even start trying?

+1

Yep, they even had one guy ranting on one of these documentaries once, in such a fashion. He said there is no standard of evidence that exists that could convince him that the moon landings occurred. Now, he was an engineer, so I would assume that he has at least a rudimentary understanding about scientific evidence and the scientific method. So, even discussing the matter with him is pointless, outside of a psychiatric visit, I suppose.

I am fine with Russia trying to confirm the US really did land men on the Moon, if that is what they are really doing and this is not some kind of nonsense being spread on the internet.

Either the US landed men on the Moon with the Moon landings or not. Let somebody either confirm those landings happened or not. If the truth is that the US did land men on the Moon, there is nothing wrong with the truth being verified. And if the Moon landings were faked, we need to know the truth about that also.

Right now Russia and the USA are not getting along very well. But as long as whatever results the Russians come up with (assuming they really are going to try to verify the Moon landings) are honest I would welcome confirmation of the Moon landings.

In fact, even if this story is a fake, I think it would be really cool if an unmanned spacecraft were to land where Apollo 11 landed and confirm the landing. Why not?

I am one of the last people to believe what government officials say. Especially with the problems with the government today. But I am confident the manned landings on the Moon actually took place.

It would be great if those landings could be documented using unmanned spacecraft. As long as they don't destroy the important historical landing sites, I am all for it.

Once they confirm those manned Moon landings, the conspiracy nuts can get lost and find something else goofy to talk about.

Well Stanley Kubrick "supposedly" directed the lunar scenes.
I'm not saying it didn't happen however if a person watches the shining there is supposed to be hints that he indeed filmed and directed the moon stuff.
I wasn't yet born however I have seen the footage and the conspiracy theorists who swear the shadows are wrong and that the should be equal distances apart and because they aren't it implies more than one light source.
So after seeing this I decided to go outside and observe shadows,and I came to the conclusion the shadow evidence is complete nonsense. I looked at the shadows from my fence posts and they weren't perfectly parallel in their spa in from where the shadow starts and finishes.
But there is the Van Allen belt that is supposed to have high radiation levels,and some folks think that the astronauts would have been exposed to lethal doses of radiation because the suits aren't shielded.
I don't know enough about it to comment or make a call on that.
I think it's certainly possible the moon landings happened as per the official story but the Kubrick angle is definitely interesting.

On the Kubrick topic eyes wide shut had scenes cut out and was supposedly why he was "killed". The illuminati doesn't like their secrets revealed or something.
I think if it was hoaxed it would have come out by now.

Another interesting tidbit something about the astronauts when they were in quarantine there is an official document with their names on it. A customs clearance and the date on this document was during their time in quarantine,the implication being the quarantine was for the cameras.
Interesting bit of footage though when the astronauts went into their quarantine chamber they were in their suits and someone without a suit followed them in and was locked in with them,but the announcers don't mention him at all as they were commenting.
I'm do like a good conspiracy theory however I don't think this one holds water.

If the Russians do head up there and they find no evidence of the American landing I think they will be attacked by the military before they get a chance to expose it.
Same with the Chinese.
Or I will be a huge bargaining chip at the table.

It would be cool if the Russians did send that device up there and we get hi res pix of the Landing!

http://www.apollosaturn.com/saturnv.htm

First test of the F1 engine Stage 1. Cant imagine what it was like to sit on top of FIVE of those when they fired!!
crazy2.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLQCzfzKsYs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKtVpvzUF1Y

Last edited:
I refuse to believe that the Apollo 11 Moon landing was faked. Some of the darkest secrets of all time have eventually become known, even if few people were involved in some of the darkest secrets. Shakespeare had something to say about that a long time ago. About how people try to spin these dark webs of lies but the truth has a way of coming out eventually.

Calm down Mystic, conspiracy theorists doubt everything, not just moon landings. That's just who they are, but answering their questions make the "fact" stronger and I'm all for it.

Personally I question the intelligence of those who "think" 911 plane crashes were just "projection" of aircraft movement or those planes flying faster than their max speed, jet fuel burning at lower temperature than steel "melting point" etc. But regarding to moon landing I think there may be a possible scenario here that may make minor senses:

They may have made some "back up footage" on a stage just in case they need it for propaganda reason for, you know, if USSR tried to get there before we do. Those may have leaked and the conspiracy theorists got them.

And regarding to CIA can't control all media, well, they only need to control enough of them to sway public opinions domestically......

And:
"I guess we really have to wait for the Chinese to go there to verify it once and for all..."

Why are the Chinese considered more credible than Americans?

And what are the Chinese going to find when they go there? Equipment left behind and the footprints of astronauts and so forth. The footprints are likely going to be there for a long time, unless a meteorite strike destroys the evidence.

And then what will the conspiracy nuts say, after the Chinese or the Russians or whoever has gone there and photographed the footprints on the Lunar surface?

Because they are the only ones insane enough to go to the moon for some "national and ethical pride" reasons.

(well, we did the same back then but at least we were doing it because of cold war reason)

If Russians weren't going to the moon why would they make any noise to disprove our efforts even if they doubted it? That'll just look like sour grapes.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Many say the moon landing never happened in 1969

There are also those who believe that Elvis is still alive, and that our gov was involved in the 9/11 attacks...there are nut cases everywhere...

Originally Posted By: buster
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/474121/Bart-Sibrel-interview-moon-landings-hoax

LoL ... that guy needs a thicker tin foil hat.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

You can't fake some of the video footage taken. Like the LEM landing on the surface and the LEM departing back to space. The way the propulsion reacts is exactly how it would in space, and you just can't simulate that very well in an earth atmosphere. Or the way the moon dust is flung up in the air by the tires on the lunar rover. And there was no CGI back in 1969 to fake videos.

He has a real "interesting" grasp of physics. I'd love to see the calculations demonstrating that a moon rocket must be the size of the Empire State Building and weigh as much as the Queen Mary. As for why there are no bases there? There are plenty of useless, uninhabited places on this planet as it is. Do those flummox him, too?

Oh I know, that guy is a nut. We absolutely went to the moon and there is so much 3rd party evidence for it. It's overwhelming. People are dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back