OE pad material for S10 Blazer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Saturday BITOG.

I was looking at brake pads for my brother's 1998 S10 Blazer this morning. Of all the parts stores I checked, they all seem to list ceramic as the first choice, which tells me it is OE material. Is this correct? Since it isn't my vehicle, I'd prefer to install what it came with from the factory. $40 a pair for pads! Ouch.

Thanks guys.

(FWIW, RockAuto has killer deals on brake components at the moment. They come from the same warehouse as the filters. HTH someone.)

Akebono ProACT is a great choice, but you don't have to spend $40 on a set of ceramic pads. The Wagner Thermoquiet line is a good pad, and it costs less than the ACT. If you by the thermoquiet, get the part number starting with QC and not PD.

Rock has the actual OE pads for the rear only; the fronts are out-of-stock. But they're not that great anyway because they're only rated EF (AC Delco 171-596 front, 171-606 rear)

Dash 4 ceramic on clearance for $10 a set. Hey, it's ceramic!

Although not ceramic, I also see some snazzy-looking red Brembo pads for $11 a set on clearance. ooooo Brembo!

Ceramic is the OE material. Personally I'd have to try out those $11 Brembo's.. But if you want OEM like pads try the acdelco advantage ceramics. I've been enjoying them on my cadillac.

I noticed the Brembos on clearance. I cant believe they even sell them for an S10 blazer.
crackmeup2.gif

Id prefer either the AC Delco or Raybestos ceramics.

Originally Posted By: nwjones18
But if you want OEM like pads try the acdelco advantage ceramics.

I got a set of those off Amazon for $25 and they work great. I'll probably get another set here pretty soon.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Originally Posted By: nwjones18
But if you want OEM like pads try the acdelco advantage ceramics.

I got a set of those off Amazon for $25 and they work great. I'll probably get another set here pretty soon.

Keep an eye out for them listed as "used" I got my last set for $6.50 in perfect shape with a torn up box.

I think those were rear drums, but I am not certain. I believe his year was the first of that gen to have both f/r disk brakes thank the Lord.

We ended up going with the Brembos. Heck why not. It is a hilarious conversation piece too. Plenty of stopping power, but no get up and go power.

$27 shipped for both f/r with the use of a 5% code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back