Liqui Moly Ceratec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Andygold
Been lurking for years, but first post! Been reading everything I can.
Am considering adding Ceratec to a 2015 Nissan Rogue, 4 cyl, gas engine, with 15,000 miles on it, just to maybe help with its longevity. Curious if it leaves any color trace to the used oil. Car has a 2 yr, free oil change service, and Nissan will be changing the oil for another year. It gets changed now every 2 months, which is about 5,000 miles. Will they see the Ceratec when they change the oil. Same question, but with LM Mos2 additive. And quite off topic...my Napa has both Liqui Moly, and Lubro Moly, what the difference?

Welcome to Bitog. When those additives are first added you can see a trace on the dipstick, especially MoS2, it has a silvery gray color to it. Once the oil starts to get dirty, you won't see it. Honestly I doubt the guy at Nissan changing your oil 5,000 miles after you add it will ever know, nor will he care. He's looking to get your oil changed as fast as he can and onto the next car.

Originally Posted By: Andygold
my Napa has both Liqui Moly, and Lubro Moly, what the difference?

Same company, same products in the cans, different labels.

Either there was a name change somewhere along the line and your NAPA has some older stock, or, it is Liqui Moly in North America, and Lubro Moly in Europe/rest of the world and your NAPA somehow got some of the Euro labelled items.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
It used to be Lubro Moly in the Americas, now Liqui Moly everywhere.

Thanks for clearing that up!
thumbsup2.gif

My 04 SAAB 93 Turbo just hit 200K KM and was thinking of adding this along with the Mobil1 0w-40. For the people who have been using this for awhile is it still as good as the posts back at the beginning say it is? Any negatives?

Originally Posted By: Mr_Accord
My 04 SAAB 93 Turbo just hit 200K KM and was thinking of adding this along with the Mobil1 0w-40. For the people who have been using this for awhile is it still as good as the posts back at the beginning say it is? Any negatives?

The only negative I can remember is conversations I had with Trav and posts he made about it. In vehicles that sit for long periods of time the product can settle out of suspension and collect in the bottom of the sump. This is true for MoS2 as well as Ceratec. Cars driven daily will not have any issues, as reported by several members.

So the alleged/supposed spark plug slight fouling/tainting issues claimed by some are completely bogus??

I am NOT trying to knock this product (am thinking about using it myself), just want to know the truth.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
So the alleged/supposed spark plug slight fouling/tainting issues claimed by some are completely bogus??

I am NOT trying to knock this product (am thinking about using it myself), just want to know the truth.
wink.gif

Good point I forgot about that.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
It's only going to possibly be an issue if your engine consumes significant amounts of oil.

yeah I read a similar post elsewhere. If your engine consumes large amounts of oil and isn't in the best of health its not wise to use this which makes sense. The burnt oil with ceratec coats your plugs.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

The only negative I can remember is conversations I had with Trav and posts he made about it. In vehicles that sit for long periods of time the product can settle out of suspension and collect in the bottom of the sump. This is true for MoS2 as well as Ceratec. Cars driven daily will not have any issues, as reported by several members.

Thanks this is my daily driver. I'm back in night school so this car is getting used more often than it used to. Saw this product awhile ago along with MoS2 and was curious about them as liqui Moly seems to make good products and has distanced themselves from the rest of the snake oil out there.

Last edited:
I've run it in both my saabs and now have mos2 in both no plug issues and it runs fine... the mos2 made a noticeable difference in smoothness especially in the 2.3l

Thanks this is my daily driver. I'm back in night school so this car is getting used more often than it used to. Saw this product awhile ago along with MoS2 and was curious about them as liqui Moly seems to make good products and has distanced themselves from the rest of the snake oil out there.

In a daily driver I don't see a problem with either product. It is vehicles that sit for long periods of time that I'd be concerned about.

I've put 300ml Ceratec in the old white van about two months ago, I guess. Oil pressure creeped up and is now consistently around 30 on the gauge instead of 20. No real change in mileage.

I put 300ml in the Saturd around the same time. I also changed the oil so, any difference in smoothness or butt-dyno could be attributed to the new oil. Same mileage as always.

I put 300ml in the Bug as well but only drove it down the street and back to get it a little warmed up. I doubt I'll be driving it for another few months. (No heater.)

So, can the Ceratec take credit for the increase in oil pressure in the van, perhaps by filling in scars and voids in the rings and cylinder walls? If I ever take the old slant six apart and find the "glassy filler" I've read Ceratec users talk about, I'll post pictures.

Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro

So, can the Ceratec take credit for the increase in oil pressure in the van, perhaps by filling in scars and voids in the rings and cylinder walls? If I ever take the old slant six apart and find the "glassy filler" I've read Ceratec users talk about, I'll post pictures.

No. Low compression not low oil pressure would come from scars and voids in the rings and cylinder walls.

No. Low compression not low oil pressure would come from scars and voids in the rings and cylinder walls.

Oops. I meant "bearings."

Oops. I meant "bearings."

Maybe, but doubtful. Assuming you used the same grade oil as before, I think the fresh oil from changing it would have more of an impact on increasing oil pressure. See how long the new found higher oil pressure lasts. Keep us updated!

Maybe, but doubtful. Assuming you used the same grade oil as before, I think the fresh oil from changing it would have more of an impact on increasing oil pressure. See how long the new found higher oil pressure lasts. Keep us updated!

I changed the oil in the Saturn, not the van.
wink.gif
It still has the same old Delo 5w40.

I changed the oil in the Saturn, not the van.
wink.gif
It still has the same old Delo 5w40.

Good, see how long the new found pressure lasts. Hopefully it lasts until the next OCI and you can give it a try again. I never had a problem with low oil pressure, people I know that did used a 'thicker' grade oil, STP, or Lucas Oil Stabilizer. Some used a 'thicker' oil and STP or Lucas. I didn't think Ceratec was advertised as raising oil pressure. Maybe its good for that too, or maybe the addition of it thickened your oil?
wink.gif

I didn't think Ceratec was advertised as raising oil pressure. Maybe its good for that too, or maybe the addition of it thickened your oil?
wink.gif

Liqui-Moly doesn't advertise at raising OP, but users on various forums clain that when the "glassy surface" fills in defects in the bearings, your OP will go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back