Researching new tires for the accord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to consider options, as they will be done by spring. I am considering the following:

Premier a/s- would use costco and wait until the rebate
General rt43
Pirelli p7
Cooper c5s

Open to other suggestions as well, and would love your thoughts on the options above.
Thanks.

I have the Pirelli's on my Accord and have been very pleased with them. They have transformed the car in a positive manner.
I have the Generals on our Odyssey. I have been pleased with them, especially for the price.
I would recommend either of the above based on personal experience with them depending on your price point.
I doubt that you could go wrong with the c5's either if DTD plans on running the pricing on them that they did for their Labor Day sale.
I would wait for the Black Friday sale and see how the pricing goes on the three. Make your determination then.

If you're waiting until next spring, see who;s offering the best price and rebate at that time.

What size do you need? 255/55-17?

A good tire at a great price is the Dunlop Signature II. On sale for $79 at Walmart.

Another suggestion is the Kumho Solus TA71.

For the same price as the Premier, you can get the Defender, which will last a lot longer and has the full 10/32 tread. Costco's Defender XT is different than the Defender sold in other tire places. The XT version is only sold at Costco, Sam's Club, and BJ.

Out of the tires you listed in the OP, I'd take the RT43.

Take a look at the professional driver and consumer surveys for varous tires on Tirerack.com. It's at least another set of inputs.

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
I have the Pirelli's on my Accord and have been very pleased with them. They have transformed the car in a positive manner.
I have the Generals on our Odyssey. I have been pleased with them, especially for the price.
I would recommend either of the above based on personal experience with them depending on your price point.
I doubt that you could go wrong with the c5's either if DTD plans on running the pricing on them that they did for their Labor Day sale.
I would wait for the Black Friday sale and see how the pricing goes on the three. Make your determination then.

+1

I have the Michelin Premiers on my wife's Accord. I think they're excellent for that type of car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back