Decided to try Tufoil.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dupont made an oil additive with PTFE for a few years. They didn't do a good job marketing it(shelf space). Hypocritical? You bet. Found a bunch at the look LotJobberCloseout store a couple years ago. Too funny to see Dupont's product when they were against Teflon in motor oil usage. Exactly, what does Dupont really know? Teflon bad bad bad.... PTFE good! Beyond funny!

I did not read every page here so I dont know if the OP did an UOA ..but years ago I did.... and I posted it here under this user name ..I dont know if it is searchable to pull up or not .
I know I ran it cus every tom **** and harry called it snake oil but NOT ONE single nay sayer had any proof at all to call it such ...not one ! and when I pointed out there hypocrisy I was shouted down by the crowd .
But I did have proof ...and the the proof was..... that I had more wear metals in my oil then without the Tufoil
and more acid and a lower TAN ...in a shorter amount of time too .

Originally Posted By: deepsquat
I did not read every page here so I dont know if the OP did an UOA ..but years ago I did.... and I posted it here under this user name ..I dont know if it is searchable to pull up or not .
I know I ran it cus every tom **** and harry called it snake oil but NOT ONE single nay sayer had any proof at all to call it such ...not one ! and when I pointed out there hypocrisy I was shouted down by the crowd .
But I did have proof ...and the the proof was..... that I had more wear metals in my oil then without the Tufoil
and more acid and a lower TAN ...in a shorter amount of time too .

Yes I did do an oil analysis on this oil with Tufoil. I'm attaching the link to that thread

2006 Lexus ES330, 5100 mile OCI with full 8oz bottle of Tufoil

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lubricatosaurus
Originally Posted By: deven

Yes I did do an oil analysis on this oil with Tufoil. I'm attaching the link to that thread
2006 Lexus ES330, 5100 mile OCI with full 8oz bottle of Tufoil

You got a very low iron number, 2 ppm in a UOA is more like a VOA!
Still using Tufoil? I could see using it as a moly additive with a small amount of micro-teflon particles.

That was a good UOA. That car just gave really low iron numbers though. I've other UOA with Tufoil in a different car and iron was low but nothing as low as this UOA. It did increase gas mileage a bit but paying $13 for a bottle it was a wash. I am not using it at the moment as I have a turbo and it consumes a quart or two of oil each oci and not comfortable using ithe as the car is chipped/modified and sees a lot of track time. I'm sure it would do fine though.

deven, that makes sense. Using it in a turbo would make most of us think it might coke up more. I'm always on the fence about additives. Harm? Benefit? The Truth is Out There....

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
Dupont made an oil additive with PTFE for a few years. They didn't do a good job marketing it(shelf space). Hypocritical? You bet. Found a bunch at the look LotJobberCloseout store a couple years ago. Too funny to see Dupont's product when they were against Teflon in motor oil usage. Exactly, what does Dupont really know? Teflon bad bad bad.... PTFE good! Beyond funny!

What is the name of that additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back