Stick a fork in this filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of holes for the tines.

Incredibly, the filter minder was maxed out. I picked up this 6.7 Ram and a Duramax 2500 truck from the same guy at a slash rate price. Why the fire sale? He complained to me that these diesel trucks are all garbage because they all lose power as they get older. Duramax truck also had a maxed out minder and a clogged filter. So he got rid of the problem lol.

I wonder why he's not having the same "issue" with his gas trucks?
21.gif

Filter cage held, and caught the pieces that fell off. Good compression and clear turbos in both trucks.
thumbsup2.gif

Some people don't deserve nice trucks or car because they don't have the good sense that you do... You will take care of these trucks and get great performance for years. How many miles on them?? What years are they?? Happy for ya.

2007.5 Ram 2500 QCLB 6.7 - 121k miles
2005 Silverado 2500 QCLB Duramax - 132k miles

They're getting all of the good stuff this week. My stable is a nice place to live.
wink.gif

No idea about mice, but the filter media was so brittle, I do believe pics broke off. You can see how to pleat reinforcements broke off they got so old and dry.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
No idea about mice, but the filter media was so brittle, I do believe pics broke off. You can see how to pleat reinforcements broke off they got so old and dry.

The filters could be very old from sitting on the shelf and being in the truck for an extended period of time. But it could be the material too.

That photo is of the clean side of the filter, yes?
The filter minder makes it so easy. Easier than checking the oil level.
I glance at the one I installed every time I open the hood.

It looks pretty clean.
Without the deformation it would appear OK, but the gauge doesn't lie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back